KEF R300 vs MA GX 100 vs B&W CM5 for 5.1

Ralph993

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm slowly upgrading my system and am looking to upgrade from my Polk audio monitor 40s and matching centre to potentially KEF R300 or MA GX100 or B&W CM5 the rears are currently B&W m-1 but those will be replaced at a later stage too. I'm running a yamaha rx-a3020 and have a MA GSW12 sub and my listening area is about 5m x 5m although its an open plan area of about 11x5m. My preference is bookshelves from an aesthetic point of view but I do have space for floor standers if there is a worthwhile gain. 80% of my time is focused on movies so music is not as important. Any suggestions welcome

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Ralph993 said:
I'm slowly upgrading my system and am looking to upgrade from my Polk audio monitor 40s and matching centre to potentially KEF R300 or MA GX100 or B&W CM5 the rears are currently B&W m-1 but those will be replaced at a later stage too. I'm running a yamaha rx-a3020 and have a MA GSW12 sub and my listening area is about 5m x 5m although its an open plan area of about 11x5m. My preference is bookshelves from an aesthetic point of view but I do have space for floor standers if there is a worthwhile gain. 80% of my time is focused on movies so music is not as important. Any suggestions welcome

Or you could save some money and try/buy the Dali Ikon 2 MK2. I recently compared these in my own setup against the R300, GX100 and CM5. I was extremely surprised :O :O :O to find the Dali speakers to be the best of the group and this for hometheater and stereo. In fact, these are one of the best speakers (when matched correctly) below £1500 imo.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Drew_C said:
Ken Kreisel Q125's absolutely superb for both music and movies!

I would love to hear these in my own setup, but in Belgium this is not possible. :wall:

The KK Q125 are clearly more expensive than the other speakers in this group though. ;)

onlystyle

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
i am from belgium to

i went for kef r series

believe me you are not be dissepoint .......in fact the guy who helped me set the system upp is a professionel

for years now

he is going to recommand the keff r 300 to his boss when they have too installe professionel set - upps

for testing whe run them with teac stereo receiver and a av rotel receiver ...both were splendid

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts