MA Gold 100 vs ATC Scm 11?

Zax89swe

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Has anyone compared these speakers? The Atc scm 11 seems to beat everything including the 4 star gold 50 but it's a smaller speaker. Right now I got the new Monitor audio bronze 2 and a Marantz pm6004 amplifier, listen both to music and movie tracks.

Zax89swe said:
Hi, Has anyone compared these speakers? The Atc scm 11 seems to beat everything including the 4 star gold 50 but it's a smaller speaker. Right now I got the new Monitor audio bronze 2 and a Marantz pm6004 amplifier, listen both to music and movie tracks.

Mmmm... tricky one. First I would look at upgrading your amp before considering any of your suggested speakers. Both speakers will need quality amplification. The Marantz, although very good for its price, won't do justice to those speakers.

I've only heard the GX100s against the Kef LS50s powered by an Arcam A19. They sounded very good, more suited IMHO to rock music. FWIW, the minimum amp for both would be a Roksan Kandy or Marantz Pearl Lite/8005.

Zax89swe

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Okey!, Will it be a smarter move to buy a better amplifier first? like Yamaha a-s1100 for that good quality 100watts and saving a while for the speakers. Got a decent subwoofer aswell I can connect to the yamaha pre outs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts