MA-BXLCR help please DAVID - frank harvey

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Have you heard the MA-BX range speakers ? . I want the MA-bxlcr £135 to go with my rx6s. I hope they will go together as the rxlcr is £300.. Are qed preference for these speakers?. Any thoughts and infomation i would appreciate thanks.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Hmmmmm......

grifz: Have you heard the MA-BX range speakers ? . I want the MA-bxlcr £135 to go with my rx6s. I hope they will go together as the rxlcr is £300.. Are qed preference for these speakers?. Any thoughts and infomation i would appreciate thanks.

I have heard the BX range, we've had them running in on demo since Thursday last week. We have a BX5/BX1/BXLCR/BXW10 AV system running off the Pioneer VSX920, and the BX2's running in in the hi-fi demo room.

As they are still running in, it would be unfair for me to judge them fully just yet, but from what I have heard so far, I wouldn't say they are leaps and bounds ahead of the BR range. As an example, a gentleman tried out the BR2 and BX2 models in the demo room, and we both felt the BX2 wasn't worth the extra (although at the moment there's a £65 price difference between the two models, £160 vs £225). I do have concerns with the treble at the moment, but I will wait until they've run in properly before commenting fully.

From what I've heard so far, I would save a little longer and get the RXLCR to match in with your RX6's. The BR and BX range just isn't close enough to the RX to be able to mix and match.

As for cables, QED will go fine with the RX series. In fact, because of e laid back nature of the RX's, QED is probably the better choice.

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks David. I was hoping the bxlcr would do. Never mind i will be paitient and save for the rxlcr and be completly satisfied. common sense really. Nice to hear you like the qed with the rx6,s i received 3m terminated paired of qed revelation ex demo for £60 last week. Can i ask another question please. The qed revalation cables i ordered supposed to be ex demo and i presume run in. However when i opened them they seem brand spankers nice and shiney no visible marks .And when i ran them from amp to speakers they were hard to uncoil as if they just come of the roll. also they seem to be sounding better ever so slightly day by day? The online store had 9 sets of 3m terminated pairs ex demo so i orderd another set for bi-amp. So do you think they were all cut from one long ex demo cable or end of roll[hopfully} ? WOW how long winded was that....... Sorry m8 hope you will bear with me. Thanks again for david

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
They may have been made up for a special order and cancelled, so they may not have actually been used. They may have been supplied to someone who then realised they weren't long enough. Who knows! You'd have to ask the place where you got them from what their history is
emotion-1.gif

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I hope they were a wrong order . They still have five pairs left. Thanks again for you quick and excellent responses David all the best.

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Sounds good news to me .like i said they seem like they have just come of the real, even the qed terminated ends look new. I might be wrong but a good price ever way Yes they are 5 pairs left on there web site. I put a thread a week or so ago about audiovisual-online who are selling them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts