admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I'm looking at a replacement pair of 'speakers for Monitor Audio RS1's, which are far too bright in a bi-amped Arcam system.

Though l had my eye on a nice pair of second user ProAc Tablette 8 Signatures, they are not magnetically shielded & practically l need them to be, because of positioning.

Which brings me to the Epos M5's, which are available for £250 (Dark Cherry - Superfi) or the new M5i.

The new improved model has reworked drive units & slightly re designed cabinets & retails for approx £420.

Does anyone have any experience of the two models to compare?

The other alternative l was considering is Sonus Faber Concertino. (Which is also shielded)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Yes, I'd personally choose the discounted end of line model. I find it just as good as the new one. The biggest difference to the MA's you're going to notice is the firm, punchy bass and more substantial midrange. Treble is toned down too. I dont think there's a better speaker for £350 never mind £250 but other people may have different views.

A

Anonymous

I love the way you slip in the Sonus Faber Concertino at the end of your post as though it's a possible second. Wins hands down as far as my tastes go! Superb. Try before you buy though.

TRENDING THREADS