M-DAC anybody?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Helmut80

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
garyw77 said:
Another best thing since sliced bread DAC, so we are being told
smiley-undecided.gif

First the Rega, now the M-DAC....

I'm very happy with my non hyped, non household name M2Tech Young which makes mincemeat of both, IMO of course
smiley-wink.gif
, and if you shop around the price difference isn't that big.

how big is 'not that big'?

paradiziac

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Frazzle said:
I borrowed an MDAC a couple of weeks ago and very unimpressed with it, very little difference in sound quality to my Cyrus 6se2 be it analogue output to Naim Nait5i or digital output from the Cyrus to MDAC same applied when tested with my V+ box and Blu-ray player, the output from the Cyrus showed as 18bit/44.103k which is obviously wrong, after speaking to John Westlake online he said the Cyrus was not giving a bit perfect output but Cyrus said that they did not know what he was talking about. Anyway I am surprised by this because I borrowed a 8200cdq a couple of months ago and was really impressed with it a big improvement over my Cyrus so hopefully it was a faulty MDAC I will have to wart until Sevenoaks get more stock of MDACS so I can do a direct comparisons

The M-DAC is reported to be better than the CDQ, so it definitely sounds like a fault somewhere. It was "burned-in", wasn't it?!??

Good luck!

paradiziac

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Helmut80 said:
garyw77 said:
Another best thing since sliced bread DAC, so we are being told
smiley-undecided.gif

First the Rega, now the M-DAC....

I'm very happy with my non hyped, non household name M2Tech Young which makes mincemeat of both, IMO of course
smiley-wink.gif
, and if you shop around the price difference isn't that big.

how big is 'not that big'?

There must be a few around second hand from all the people who swapped the Young (last big thing) for the M-DAC (next big thing) :)

I can imagine these 2 being quite close in performance, ultimately taste and features would be the deciding factor.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts