M-audio m3-6

maxpain

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello there,

I would like to know if there is someone who has experience with the m-audio m3-6 active speakers.

I am considering to buy them for listening for music listening exclusive in my desktop. The space is kinda limited meaning that my listening position would be less than one meter.

I could use some advide about their capability of being used for home entertainment like hifi speakers and if there are other alternatives at that price point. I listened to the Focal alpha 50 and I didnt like them at all. To boring sound.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
maxpain said:
Hello there,

I would like to know if there is someone who has experience with the m-audio m3-6 active speakers.

I am considering to buy them for listening for music listening exclusive in my desktop. The space is kinda limited meaning that my listening position would be less than one meter.

I could use some advide about their capability of being used for home entertainment like hifi speakers and if there are other alternatives at that price point. I listened to the Focal alpha 50 and I didnt like them at all. To boring sound.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Type speakers at the budget end of the spectrum are like any budget speaker, they are a balance of strengths and weaknesses and some will suit you more than others.

Frankly, you simply have to try them and see, I am familier with the Alpha 65 and think it is pretty decent, not heard the 50 though.

At the£400 price point, my favourite small speaker is the Equator D5, but it is extremely transparent, which I love.

If you want speakers with the warmth and bloom of many hi-fi speakers, take a look at the Audioengine A5+, not true active but given their flexibility and the fact that they can be found under £350, good value if thet are to your taste.

maxpain

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
What is your oppinion about jbl lsr 305 and adam f5? I am hearing good things about those, I will be listening them soon at the audio store. Thet are way cheaper than the m audio. Maby I could add a tube buffer or a tube pre amp in the way to make the sound sweeter? My source is the Ifi idsd micro.

Why do they have to make all those actives so boring when it comes to the looks though, why not add some nice wooden effect to make them more apealing to the non-proffesional croud.

Thanks for your input again,

Cheers

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
maxpain said:
What is your oppinion about jbl lsr 305 and adam f5? I am hearing good things about those, I will be listening them soon at the audio store. Thet are way cheaper than the m audio. Maby I could add a tube buffer or a tube pre amp in the way to make the sound sweeter? My source is the Ifi idsd micro.

Why do they have to make all those actives so boring when it comes to the looks though, why not add some nice wooden effect to make them more apealing to the non-proffesional croud.

Cheers

As I said earlier, at this price point, the various models will all have diferent strengths and weaknesses, so some will appeal to you more than others, again my preferred 'cheap' (£200) model is the Presonus Eris 5, but the price has risen in recent months to around £250.

Finish is quite expensive and the whole 'home/project studio' market is fiercly price competitive, this gives some great value for money but is rather short on finish options.

I had a pair of very cheap Seiwin SN4 desktop speakers from Studiospares in London, used for a time as main speakers they were far better than expected. They now have a 5 inch version, just £150pr.

If you want to make more of a visual statement, check out the Monkey Banana Turbo 5 in a variety of colours, around £350pr.

MC44NzIwMDIwMCAxNDAwNTc4MTU4.jpg

gasolin

maxpain said:

Cheers
The adam F5 has a very low tweeter and there a very dark sound

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts