M.A. RS6 vs Floorstanders around £600

Although I love my RS6's, how do they compare to Tannoy Sig DC4 or even MS Mezzo 6's. The Mezzos, like the RS6, need fairly careful partnering, so are they worth the extra £200?

Would be a good idea if WHF? S&V could do a super test of floorstanders between 500 -700 quid.

Any thoughts. . .

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Stick with the RS6's

For the money i dont think they can be beaten. The Mezzo's are nice but IMO dont offer the same depth of soundstage that the RS6's do!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
d_a_n1979:Stick with the RS6's

For the money i dont think they can be beaten. The Mezzo's are nice but IMO dont offer the same depth of soundstage that the RS6's do!

I'm with Dan, until both kids are at school (and I'm not paying ridiculous nursery fees) and the mortgage is almost mentionable to the parents, without giving them heart attacks, I will be sticking with mine. When I do change them, it will be a £2k plus upgrade.

Gerrardasnails:d_a_n1979:Stick with the RS6's For the money i dont think they can be beaten. The Mezzo's are nice but IMO dont offer the same depth of soundstage that the RS6's do! I'm with Dan, until both kids are at school (and I'm not paying ridiculous nursery fees) and the mortgage is almost mentionable to the parents, without giving them heart attacks, I will be sticking with mine. When I do change them, it will be a £2k plus upgrade.

Oh yes, I'll be sticking with the RS's. Just wondering how the latest generation of 600 quid floorstanders compared to the Monitor Audios.

In a couple of years the RS's will be drawing their pensions. OMG - what a horrible thought!

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
A WHF £500-700 floorstanding speaker group test would be won by B&W 684s which they rate very highly and did not lose a star in the November group test against speakers costing £100-300 more. Strange how not many people on here recommend them

Tonestar1

Lost Angeles: A WHF £500-700 floorstanding speaker group test would be won by B&W 684s which they rate very highly and did not lose a star in the November group test against speakers costing £100-300 more. Strange how not many people on here recommend them

I certainly would. I own a pair which I got 10% off on and found them excellent. If you can let them loose no neighbours or deaf ones :-D they sound even better.

Lost Angeles: A WHF £500-700 floorstanding speaker group test would be won by B&W 684s which they rate very highly and did not lose a star in the November group test against speakers costing £100-300 more. Strange how not many people on here recommend them

The B&W's are very good as long as you've got tolerant neighbours. The problem is that unless cranked up you don't hear the full benefits.

A

Anonymous

I recently had a demo of RS6 , B&W 684 , B&W CM7 & B&W 704. Looking to upgrade from my BR5 speakers, I felt for the money the RS6's were not much of an upgrade, I ended up with an exdemo pair of 704's for £999. Using them with an A32 biamped with a Alpha 9 on the low end & a CD73T. Very happy with them, the bass is very controlled, especially when compared to the 684.

A

Anonymous

jpfreestyler:

I recently had a demo of RS6 , B&W 684 , B&W CM7 & B&W 704. Looking to upgrade from my BR5 speakers, I felt for the money the RS6's were not much of an upgrade, I ended up with an exdemo pair of 704's for £999. Using them with an A32 biamped with a Alpha 9 on the low end & a CD73T. Very happy with them, the bass is very controlled, especially when compared to the 684.

Congratulations! I like very much the 704, I think it is the best model of the 700 series. I used to own the CDM9NT, which is the previous version of the 703 (very similar indeed). Great speakers also, refined voicing, clean sound, detailed but soft treble, rapid bass. IMHO, B&W's best line is the 700. The 600 is not as good as the very best in its price point, and I find frankly disapointing the 800 series. I think it's too expensive and you can have better sound at those prices.

jpfreestyler:

Not really surprising when you consider the original price of the 704.

Good choice, anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts