Lucky for me Arcam have eaten their words..

manicm

Well over a year ago Arcam replied to me that they have no intention ever to release a digital iPod dock. And now comes the rdDock with a built-in DAC, as well as a digital output, completely bypassing the iPod's DAC. I do believe this will be currently Arcam's only source product with a digital out.

All I can say is praise the Lord. My Arcam Solo Mini has found greater mileage. As well as my God-forsaken iPod which has been gathering dust for months.

A

Anonymous

The Apple Airport Express has been around for years and does this without having to dock the iThing, allowing it to be used as a fully featured remote. Worth a look.

manicm

Perhaps, but the nice about the Arcam docks is their great integration with their Solo products. You have no idea how great it was to control the iPod from my Arcam's remote. Couch + 1 remote to rule them all was pure bliss. And the playback info shows up on my Solo Mini's display. And with improved sound this might make me lock up my CDs again.

scene

It's amazing how much things can change in a year. I was a little surprised by the original decision given Arcam's pedigree with DACs and their success with iThing docs.

Well done Arcam I say :cheer:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts