ls 50 amp

wukoje

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

A week ago I saw the kefs new x300a speakers and I instantly knew that I wanted them for my desktop setup. Since I use both a macbook pro and a workstation, I was happy to see that they were usb and that the link between the two speakers was digital to minimize the cable noise between them. Generaly I'm looking for bookshelf speakers because I'm a programmer and I spent alot of time in front of the computer. Few days after I saw kefs x300a speakers I went for an audition to my local store, unfortunately since I live in Serbia the speakers was still on their way to Belgrade. Although I could have an audiotion of kef ls 50s, after Bachs Toccata und Fugue and a Tiesto tune I fell in love with them. I auditioned them with some roksan amp, but since I will be mostly listening to flacs from my computer I was thinking in an amp like the Peachtree nova125 witch has amp/pream and a really good DAC all in one device. The problem is that I have a 10% on all kefs products that last untill the end of this month, so if I wanted to hear the x300a's I would have to pay aditional 10%. I was hoping to hear what you people think

1. Should I blindly buy the kefs x300a for more then half the price of the ls 50 + peachtreee nova125?

2. Is peachtree nova125 a good choice for the ls 50?, will I be able to pull out the real value out of them?

3. Do anyone have an idea of the difference between the two kef speakers? Is the x300a more like a r100 then the ls50?

4. What is the bang for buck?

These are the best prices I have for the gear I meantioned.

LS50 900e

x300a 720e

Peachtree nova125 1125e

Thank you in advance

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm a bit confused by your post is this just for your computer, if so I not get the LS50s, they need a bit of room and distance. The X300s are like the Q300s so not really like the R100 or LS50s. Sorry I don't know the Peachtree amp. The X300 do look rather expensive for what they are there are, plenty of active speakers around that are cheaper, check out any pro music stores, names like Yamaha and Behringer.

wukoje

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes they are for my office, witch is medium size. Why do you think that the x300a are a bad deal beeing like the q300? Since they have good drives, good AB amp (witch ofc cant be compared to the D class novas) , sweet dac. My main dilemma is wheter the peachnova + ls50 will be twice as better even if that's really a relative and personal fact.

wukoje

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Max 1.5m, and maybe a little problem that I dident mention is that behind the speakers there will not be a wall but a big glass window (aproximately 30cm from the speakers).

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
wukoje said:
Max 1.5m, and maybe a little problem that I dident mention is that behind the speakers there will not be a wall but a big glass window (aproximately 30cm from the speakers).

I would go for the X300as then or some other similar size actives, I think the LS50s will be far to much for that set up. Windows are a problem, laminated glass may help. IMHO the LS50s need some driving, at low volume they are not at their best, almost need some room behind them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts