Low-Height Stands for Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am trying to find some low-height, reasonably sturdy speaker stands for my Dynaudio Audience 42 speakers (speaker dimensions W=170mm, D=250mm).

I appreciate that this is not ideal acoustically, but having moved house, in order to accommodate them in our new living room, I need to go for a stand somewhere between 200mm and 250mm tall.

The closest matches I have found so far are the Apollo A3 and A4 (both available in height of 200mm), but these stands have a top-plate of 178mm x 178mm, so the top-plate of the stand would be 8mm wider than the speaker.

Are there any other products or options (stands/angled cradles) I’ve missed?

I really like the speakers and want to find a solution that works as well as possible, both acoustically and aesthetically.

Any advice would be welcome, as I’ve been looking for a while now
smiley-undecided.gif

A

Anonymous

Slightly wary of hacking away at Apollo stands and my DIY skills are adequate but by no means exceptional

I've limited facilities to work with metal - could look at wood/MDF, which I know others have done, but how good is this acoustically? Any useful links re suggested designs would be welcome if people have experience.

Given the above, my preference is stll to buy a purpose manufactured stand, but I'm starting to sense this might not be feasible without butchering it!

A

Anonymous

These are advertised as desktop but I think they could be used on the floor aswell. A range of sizes and even custom options.good prices!

http://www.itemaudio.co.uk/speaker_stand.html

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts