Loudspeakers for Cyrus...

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
That's pretty much the list I'd have given you....maybe add Sonus Faber, Dynaudio and Harbeth.

Those with Cyrus equipment are probably better placed to comment.

Regards

Cno

A

Anonymous

Depending on your budget, I could add the dual Concentric Tannoy to this list having heard good results on a friends Cyrus setup.

Just a thought.

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
It depends on your room and the type of music you listen to / sound you want. Also, floorstanders or standmounts? I had PMC DB1i on the end of one X Power (with PreXPdQX, same as you, if I interpret your babelfish sentence correctly), great detail but I needed more oomph (I listen to a lot of electronic music and techno). Dynaudio Focus 110 (picked up a pair used at 50% rrp) can just be accommodated in my room and were just what I was looking for. Real kick to them, and technically the X Power is delivering a lot more power as it's driving into 4Ohms instead of 8.

The PMC were more of an all-rounder, sweet sound though - bigger models will deliver more bass and the transmission line comes into its own.

mike43 said:
That loudspeakers recommend to me for Pre Xpd's good profit Qx/2x X-Power?... Proac, PMC, Spendor, Vienna... Thank you.

Hi mike43

I hope you will not mind but just to get a clearer picture of your circumstances/requirements -

Have already got these Cyrus electronics? If so, did you listen to them before yoiu bought them? If so, what source component/s and speakers were used?

What speakers do you currently use?

What source component/s will you use?

What do you and anyone else who is also likely to use the system generally listen to?

The size of your room?

Ceiling height?

Room walls (brick, concrete etc.)?

Room positioning of speakers (in relation to walls, corners, will there be anything between the speakers such as a chimney breast, cabinet, windows etc.)?

Distance between the speakers?

Your listening distance?

Will anything be in the way of the speakers?

You general listening level?

Is your preference for bookshelf speakers , floorstanding or either?

Is your room lighltly or heavily firnished?

The room floor (concrete, carpeted, wooden etc.)?

The speaker cables?

Will you use the power amps in stereo (to bi-amp) or as mono's?

Will you also be adding PSX-R's in due course?

Your overall budget?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

eternaloptimist

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
I have all Cyrus electronics (see sig) and late last year when speaker shopping auditioned all you have listed at around $AUD5000 - 7000. I settled on the Audiovector S3 Signatures - beautiful. I would strongly recommend a listen, although I understand they are a bit hard to find.

The Vienna Acoustics were a close second and were lovely. PMC was nice and accurate but didnt grab me. Spendor A5 / A6 sounded somewhat "bland" (sorry to the fans) but I think would be ideal for orchestral music.

Just my 2 cents....

A

Anonymous

I have pre vs2 and an x power along with the 8se and psx-r. Tried spendor sa1 and they were very detailed, but a bit bass light for me. Then tried the proac response d2 and loved them, sweet sound and good with all music, but the lady of the house did not want speakers that big in the bedroom, so tried the response d1 instead and loved them, the lady loved them as well.

I had the spendor s3e before and they went very well with the cyrus as they always do.

If you listened to either then dont think you could go wrong.

There is a forum especially for cyrus (cyrusunofficial) and they could answer your questions, but alot of people who have cyrus use spendor, dynaudio, focal, some use wilson benesch sq1, then there is vienna etc.

Hope this helps.

Phil

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
We find the most popular choices with Cyrus systems tends to be ProAc, Soendor and KEF Reference. A few years ago when Cyrus was a little leaner sounding, people used to pair it with Dynaudio too, but Cyrus has warmed up a little since then, and Dynaudio hiked their prices up and took themselves out if the equation (mainly Focus/Contour ranges).

A

Anonymous

Thanks to all for your answers:Hot-And-Glowing,Musicraft,eternaloptimist,potboyslim and FrankHarveyfifi.Thank you very much.

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT said:
mike43 said:
That loudspeakers recommend to me for Pre Xpd's good profit Qx/2x X-Power?... Proac, PMC, Spendor, Vienna... Thank you.

Hi mike43

I hope you will not mind but just to get a clearer picture of your circumstances/requirements -

Have already got these Cyrus electronics? If so, did you listen to them before yoiu bought them? If so, what source component/s and speakers were used?

What speakers do you currently use?

What source component/s will you use?

What do you and anyone else who is also likely to use the system generally listen to?

The size of your room?

Ceiling height?

Room walls (brick, concrete etc.)?

Room positioning of speakers (in relation to walls, corners, will there be anything between the speakers such as a chimney breast, cabinet, windows etc.)?

Distance between the speakers?

Your listening distance?

Will anything be in the way of the speakers?

You general listening level?

Is your preference for bookshelf speakers , floorstanding or either?

Is your room lighltly or heavily firnished?

The room floor (concrete, carpeted, wooden etc.)?

The speaker cables?

Will you use the power amps in stereo (to bi-amp) or as mono's?

Will you also be adding PSX-R's in due course?

Your overall budget?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

If I have the electronics and buy it without listening to her.
Nowadays I use Kef Q7 and I do not like them.The room measures 28m2.The height 2,60 cm.Room walls pladur.The loudspeakers estaran to 30cm of the wall and to 1,50cm of the corner,Between them only the television and to a distance from one to other one of 2m.Listening distance 2,55cm. Free way.I like to listen to level way - high place.
I like Speakers floorstanding.The room floor:Marble.
Clable of loudspeaker:chord odyssey 2.It will use the stages in mono.Not if he will buy the PSX.Budget: 4000-6000€.

The music that I like the instrumental music.I like much Mike Oldfield...Also I like it Metallica,Ac/Dc,OST Lord of The Rings...

Thanks for all.

Hi mike43

I feel the speakers you really need to look at are Dynaudio's superb Contour S 3.4's. Use the X Powers with the S 3.4's in mono. Please try and listen to the Contour 3.4's in your room though.

If the Contour s 3.4's don't work in your room or are not to your liking then the D28's from Proac should be next on your list. As with the Contour S 3.4's please also try and audition the D28's in your room (particularly to ensure the side venting design works in relation to the close proximity of the rooms marble floor).

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Trust me, with Cyrus you have to audition so that you dont end up with bright sound that gets on your nerves. People say Spendor are boring but they when you put them with Cyrus they kind of balance each other out. I have monitor audio gs10 and they are amazing but too bright in the high treble...

A

Anonymous

Gaz19 said:
Trust me, with Cyrus you have to audition so that you dont end up with bright sound that gets on your nerves. People say Spendor are boring but they when you put them with Cyrus they kind of balance each other out. I have monitor audio gs10 and they are amazing but too bright in the high treble...

Thank you for your advice Gaz19. I seek for something good to take advantage of the equipment cyrus and also it to connect to an Onkyo TX-NR5007 .... for cinema and music rock, orchestral.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts