loudspeakers-£1500-£2000?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am currently thinking of upgrading my meridian A500's Simply because they cannot fill a 20 ft living room! I am ater a loudspeaker that will do two things;
1/ they need to fill my living room to the max
2/ they also need to survive the upgrade path (thinking of moving to a naim system)

I have auditioned the following :

Monitor audio rs6's (timing was ever so slightly out)
Monitor audio GS20's ( a lovley loudspeaker- front runner at themoment!)
PMC FB1's (too lean for my tastes)

I am also thinking about audioning the proac studio 140's/Response D15's Any comments on this? anyone got any other suggestions they wish to make? I'm all ears!:)

my living room isn't ideal, with sloping ceilings and carpeted chipboard flooring, but im thinking of getting some granite speaker slabs made up

My current system is
Meridian 508 cdplayer
501 preamp
555 power amp x2
ortofon spk5000 speaker cable

I am also wanting to get rid of the ortofon cable as well.

Any suggestions welome!;-

clve

A

Anonymous

The new Spendor A6. Haven't heard it yet but I keep dreaming about it (no, not really
emotion-8.gif
). I think it might fit the bill very well. My only slight concern would be the sensitivity and subsequent volume you need. It must be tried.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I'd agree with the new 'A' Spendors- shaping up as a very impressive range. We've tested the £1500 Spendor A5 speakers against a range of other £1500-£2000 speakers for our next February issue, out January 8th. We've also got the First Test review of the Spendor A6 speakers.

A

Anonymous

chebby:clivej:2/ they also need to survive the upgrade path (thinking of moving to a naim system)

ATC SCM40

Will 'survive' any upgrade.
...hell yeah...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts