lossless or 320 remastered

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Some cds are poorly produced, even some new ones, so would a album ripped @ 320 (remastered) be better than a poorly produced lossless album?.. advanced thanks

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Do you mean would a remastered album ripped at 320kbps be better than a poorly produced original album in lossless. Depends, if you think the remastered album sounds better then yes. Lossless won't do anything to make a bad album sound any better.

SteveR750

What do you mean by poor production? The original recording, which is part of the sound of a band for example, or the transfer of the master with any additional DSP (loudness, noise reductions etc).

I only ask because I don't get the concept of a good system making anything sound harsh, as if it is so truthfully revealing as to be a positive characteristic. I had some recordings that used to sound a bit rough, but on my current system just have a different balance. In that respect I have re-discovered some albums.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
If you want to hear how good, well mastered 320 can sound, listen to Linn Radio....it sounds better than some of my less well mastered CDs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts