Looking for recommendation please

andyrich_2000

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys buying my first house and need a recommendation on what to buy.

I don't really listen to cd's but more stream things from my iPad ie spotify and vids from the Internet.

What would you recommend I buy? A streamer and 2 speakers? I don't need anything to expensive but don't like cheap stuff!

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
You can make this as simple or as complex as you like.

Try an Apple ATV and a pair of Q Acoustics BT3 speakers. About £400 all up.

Actually you will need an appropriate toslink cable but as near plug and play as you can get.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
andyrich_2000 said:
Cheers. How would the sound quality compare to my Bose soundlink mini?

Far superior in all respects.

If your computer network is Apple based then the ATV is a 'no brainer' for about £60 from the refurb store. The HDMI out goes straight to your TV for video streaming etc.

The ATV has a toslink out for audio, it can feed into any suitable dac or toslink equiped powered or active system. It his here where tou have to make the choices regarding performance and cost.

There are several powered speaker options such as the Roth Powa5, the Q Acoustics BT3 mentioned above and probably a few others. They have the advantage that they are both complete systems, is they plug into the ATV via toslink and have their own volume control and remote. They are around £200 and £350 respectively.

If you want to get even better performance then you can go for separate dac/pre and passive or active speakers to choice, the world is your mousetrap.

Budget is everything here, let us know and we will spend your money.....*angel*

andyrich_2000

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Cheers pal for the great help. I'm willing to pay £1000-1500 to get something really good. Just to future proof so I don't need to upgrade in a cuppla years.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
andyrich_2000 said:
Also, I don't really need to stream videos from iPad onto tv. I tend to be playing ps4 and listening to stuff from pad at same time.

OK.

You need to give us a better adea of the functionality that you want, if it is simply streaming audio from your iThing then you can use an AEX and choose almost anything.

There are really two things to think about in a system like this, first the functionality, how and what you want to play, then the quality and suitability of the hi-fi itself.

Those of a nevous disposition, look away now....!

The AVI ADM9RS (£1250) is right in the middle of your budget and works superbly with the AEX. Essentially a complete system in two boxes, digital and analogue inputs, remote control etc.

This is my default system at this price however there are literally millions of more conventional options.

avani

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi there ,

If you are looking for Mini speakers the you should go for iBluetooth speakers .

Bluetooth speaker is portable speaker you can carry it every where easily ,it is very portable ,Bluetooth speakers is light weight .You can buy it from feyeshoppy*com.

Right now here is Best offers on Bluetooth speakers ,Buy bluetooth speakers and get free power bank with it . visit today feyeshoppy

------------------------------

<a href=""http://www.feyeshoppy.com/bluetooth-speakers">" Bluetooth Speakers </a>

andyrich_2000

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Cheers fellas. I already have a blue tooth speaker. Looking for something a bit better to stream music off my iPad. Ie if I have mates over for a party something that can fill my 5x5m front room. I like the idea of having a decent pair of speakers and a streamer. Cheers fellas.

andyrich_2000

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Cyrus is a good suggestion thanks. Don't like the look of the speakers tho. U think that's a better solution to the NAD D 3020 and dali zensor 3? As recommended in oct what hifi.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
My guess would be yes but then it should be at double the price.

I thought the Dali's looked ungainly and cheap but that is of course totally subjective.

regards

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
andyrich_2000 said:
Cheers fellas. I already have a blue tooth speaker. Looking for something a bit better to stream music off my iPad. Ie if I have mates over for a party something that can fill my 5x5m front room. I like the idea of having a decent pair of speakers and a streamer. Cheers fellas.

No airplay so you will have to use bluetooth, which is not (deliberately?) well implimented on iThings.

And, whilst the power of the D3020 is fine for everyday use, it will run out pretty quickly if you want to party.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
andyrich_2000 said:
Cheers dave. Anything slightly more powerful you'd recommend?

It depends, power requirements rise hugely in party type situations.

If that is important to you then look for an amp in excess of 100wpc with those speakers, use an AEX to give you the streaming functionality. Even then you are not going to generate 'club' levels.

It is dificult to appreciate but in the size of room that you have, with, say, 15-20 people chatting and having a good time, even quite powerful hi-fi setups will struggle. It all debends how noisy you are and how loud you want the music.

I used to keep a separate 'party system', 150wpc into speakers roughly 6db more sensitive than the Zensor 3s, that is the equivilent of 600wpc into the Zensors.....*shok*

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Roksan Kandy K2 BT as the amp (150Wpc/300Wpc and bluetooth Apt-X). Speakers Monitor Audio Bronze BX6, should be ok for a 5x5 room.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
andyrich_2000 said:
Maybe I overstated having people over. Certainly doesn't need anything like club levels.

You can't have club levels with domestic Hi-Fi. We are suggesting something to maintain composure in 5x5 room at above normal listening levels for hours.

TRENDING THREADS