looking for help from any Samsung JU7000 owners....

Franklioni

Jul 10, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I'm at the point of getting one of these tv's (I get to choose a new tv from my job & my wife hates curved) but I really need to know if it's easy to choose which country you're in when setting up the Smart Hub.

Main problem is that BBC iPlayer is not a default app and not seemingly available to download here in Sweden so when setting the tv (actually JU7005 I think) up I need to be able to set the Smart Hub to UK...is it doable

Many thanks!

F

Franklioni

Jul 10, 2007
Visit site
Well this is why I'm asking. My older Samsung C8000 allowed you to select country when with a remote trick and I've heard on the H series it was possible to reset the Smart Hub and do something similar to get a country menu but nothing so far on the J series.

I'm hoping someone here may own one and have been throught the setup process but if it is locale limited then I should be OK as I pay for a service that allows me the illusion of being in the UK...would be surprised if this is the case though.

Franklioni

Jul 10, 2007
Visit site
OK, so it would seem you can change the region with "Mute > Menu > Vol + > Channel + > Mute" keypresses when at the terms and conditions section of the Smarthub setup....now I can get iPlayer but seems it's not working on their newest TV's...awesome!

TheOne

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I've got the JS8500, assume the JU7000 uses the same Tizen OS.

BBC iPlayer isn't actually available yet in the UK either, just says coming soon on the app store so if you're getting the TV specifically for iPlayer it would probably be worth waiting.

I was a bit annoyed because it's advertised to have it but I can get it through other sources on my TV (Sky, PS3, XBOne) so it doesn't bother me that much.

TRENDING THREADS