Looking for EB3

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

So EB Ricky - "Iwant to do something different"

Well here's a revolutionarynew thought ... instead of whiling away the hours pondering your 'latestand greatest' how about spending a single minute responding to customer emails askingwhere orders for current products placed in September (yes September) have got to ? Failing that mayI respectfully suggest you pay someone else to do it on your behalf as yourcompany's current customer service and communications leaves an awful lot to be desired.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
lazarus1803:So EB Ricky - "Iwant to do something different"

Well here's a revolutionarynew thought ... instead of whiling away the hours pondering your 'latestand greatest' how about spending a single minute responding to customer emails askingwhere orders for current products placed in September (yes September) have got to ? Failing that mayI respectfully suggest you pay someone else to do it on your behalf as yourcompany's current customer service and communications leaves an awful lot to be desired.

That sounds deplorable and you must have the patience of a saint!

A

Anonymous

Ajani:EB Ricky:
OK.

EB 1 & 2 are done. I want to do something different so I'm asking again. The only caveat is that this has to embody the new ABR technology. Any thoughts??.

2 way floorstander. BMR for mids and highs and dual 8 inch woofers for the bass. Sealed cabinet or front ported, so it can be placed near to a wall...

+1

Sounds great. Like an EB2 but with more bass... Something to take on the Spendor A5...

jules.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
I really like that modular approach:

module 1 - a superb bookshelf.

'upgrade' - module 2 - optional slim-fronted active bass module, also housing an active crossover and amps for the top module

so module 1 is a standalone pasive speaekr but togehter with module 2 - a fully active floorstander. (just add sources and pre amp)

an extra version of the bottom module can ahve a built in dac, pre-amp, remote (just add sources)

AlmaataKZ:

'upgrade' - module 2 - optional slim-fronted active bass module, also housing an active crossover and amps for the top module

so module 1 is a standalone pasive speaekr but togehter with module 2 - a fully active floorstander. (just add sources and pre amp)

an extra version of the bottom module can ahve a built in dac, pre-amp, remote (just add sources)

AlmataKZ

You lost me there.

Module one would have to be a stand alone unit to upgrade from. You would obviously need an amplifier of some sort to drive this unit.

Why then would you need 'amps for the top module' in module 2??

lazarus1803:

Well put indeed.

Just for the record has anyone else here placed an order and had to wait longer than this (September)?

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Alears:AlmaataKZ:

AlmataKZ

You lost me there.

Module one would have to be a stand alone unit to upgrade from. You would obviously need an amplifier of some sort to drive this unit.

Why then would you need 'amps for the top module' in module 2??

to make it truly active, i.e. the amps in the bottom unit would drive the drivers in the top unit directly (via appropriate connections), each amp fed from an active crossover inside the bottom module.

otherwise, the top unit is used as a standalone passive speaker (fed via its own passive crossover and normal speaekr terminals).

less than straightforward, admittedly, but nothing too complex for an enthusiast.
sell the amp, get the active unit type of upgrade.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
lazarus1803:

seems like a valid point here.

1) deliver previous orders

2) develop next model

a serious company will only do both simultaneously if they indeed can. if they cannot, they should stay focus on just the 1) until they can. I understadn 2) is more interesting, but 1) still has to be done.

A

Anonymous

HI!
i've done my order in october 12... still waiting... and no reply at my mail to ebcoustics.com and arcaydis too!! let's wait... 9 week today...mumble mumble

A

Anonymous

i'd imagine it must be pretty frustrating getting no replys to emails, while seeing on here that eb ricky has the time to post on the forums
emotion-40.gif

willgaunt

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Not that I have any ideas over EB Ricky's business plans, and I imagine he knows rather more than I do, but it must be difficult to contemplate taking on much in the way of help without guaranteeing the volume of work first, and I suppose that having as many models as possible to suit as many customers as possible is the best way to see to that.

Must be annoying though. The service I had was great, but as others have said, it's best to get in touch by phone.

A

Anonymous

I have a pair of EB2's on my Naim Gear and have been very please with the product. The quality of manufacture is great, and they sound fabulous, at least to my ears. My delivery time too exceeded the original estimate by some considerable margin. Richard was always very polite and informative when I did ring to check on progress.

I think prospective purchases need to understand they are buying a hand made product from a small manufacturer who in turn sources components from other suppliers which will present issues in terms of timing and continuity. I also think it is absolutely crucial that customers are given realistic timelines and kept informed if there are going to be delays, this allows everyone to understand the position, and helps manage the frustration levels.

Without a doubt the product is well worth the wait.

EB accoustics, just need to invest a wee bit more time working on the customers relationships, it will pay dividends. Positive coomendations from this site will sell you more speakers EB3's and EB4's

Regards Neil.

A

Anonymous

Maybe if EB Ricky told his customers from the start that they would have to wait an average 3 months from order then they would be more understanding. I ordered a handmade guitar once and was told it would take up to a year to produce, it arrived in 9 months which made me very happy. I never play it though
emotion-7.gif

A

Anonymous

Anyone wondering why EBRicky isn't responding, I rang to check on progress of my EB2s (8 weeks exactly) to be told the computer is down, should be fixed by tomorrow. With a bit of luck my speakers will be done too :)

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
putt1ck:Anyone wondering why EBRicky isn't responding, I rang to check on progress of my EB2s (8 weeks exactly) to be told the computer is down, should be fixed by tomorrow. With a bit of luck my speakers will be done too :)

He is working frantically to clear all backlog orders, I hope - from the gist of this thread.

Although with last weeks snow delaying postal deliveries (I only received my magazine yesterday!) and with this week's impending snow, I think deliveries will be sometime in March/April 2011, realistically - if you're lucky!

It really is a shame that such a good product that is obviously engineered so well is made bad by poor delivery times and poor customer service. All that effort appears to have gone to waste - with the ATC11's crowned yet again.

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:i'd imagine it must be pretty frustrating getting no replys to emails, while seeing on here that eb ricky has the time to post on the forums
emotion-40.gif

yeah . October 20th
November 18th
December 12th

He is so prolific.! ! Ok so it's difficult to contact them by email. get on the phone if your not satisfied. but seriously max those sort of posting stats seem to me like someone whose very busy. not someone whose dossing around posting 1000 posts a day.

So they are considering a new product! so what. 3 of their products have got 5 stars from this magazine, which is no mean feat. I am sure they have been snowed under since these reviews were published. and knowing what I know about them they are doing their uppermost to compete all the orders as fast as possible whilst trying to maintain the highest of standards on all their products.

May be if you have to criticize it might be better to be constructive rather than jumping on the bandwagon.

A

Anonymous

Furthermore I have not once had any problem contacting them using that old fangled thing called the telephone. I have found them more than helpful to all my questions and I purchased my pair knowing how busy the company is trying to keep up with orders. I fully expected to wait up to two and a half months for mine and anything sooner was a bonus.

A

Anonymous

and in addition, in my line of work I have always found that the best time to start thinking about your next product, event or even Magazine. is whilst you are in it up to your neck with your current venture......... because it provides inspiration!

Most of the criticism seems to be regarding the lack of information rather than the products themselves (though not too sure were the '3 of their products' came from).

The solution is simple. Better communication with customers either via a secretary of some sort of waiting-time indicator on the website. When the computer is eventually fi xed that is!

I have had nothing but polite discussion when I have 'phoned them but it was still up to me to do the chasing.

A

Anonymous

Alears:
Most of the criticism seems to be regarding the lack of information rather than the products themselves (though not too sure were the '3 of their products' came from).

The solution is simple. Better communication with customers either via a secretary of some sort of waiting-time indicator on the website. When the computer is eventually fi xed that is!

I have had nothing but polite discussion when I have 'phoned them but it was still up to me to do the chasing.

3 products

Arcaydis Dm1
Eb 1
Eb 2

I stand corrected the Arcaydis Group did in fact take over EB Acoustics so 3 products it is.

Its just my personal opinion that until you can get an order waiting time down below 10 weeks or so then bringing another product into the equation would be not in the companies best long-term interest as it is obvious the items he is producing, at present, are always going to be his 'bread and butter' with anything more exotic likely to have slightly demand.

A

Anonymous

Alears:
I stand corrected the Arcaydis Group did in fact take over EB Acoustics so 3 products it is.

Its just my personal opinion that until you can get an order waiting time down below 10 weeks or so then bringing another product into the equation would be not in the companies best long-term interest as it is obvious the items he is producing, at present, are always going to be his 'bread and butter' with anything more exotic likely to have slightly demand.

Yup and I think that point was mad 3 pages ago.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts