Looking for EB3

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
OK.

EB 1 & 2 are done. I want to do something different so I'm asking again. The only caveat is that this has to embody the new ABR technology. Any thoughts??.

A

Anonymous

igglebert:What's ABR? Is active an option?

ABR is a drive unit design that is linear from about 150Hz all the way up to 30000Hz.

Initial tests in the Arcaydis SM35C are: This is a cross between the best LS3/5A ever plus bass and a Quad ELS 57. These are dealer responses. Not mine.

A

Anonymous

EB Ricky:

igglebert:What's ABR? Is active an option?

ABR is a drive unit design that is linear from about 150Hz all the way up to 30000Hz.

Initial tests in the Arcaydis SM35C are: This is a cross between the best LS3/5A ever plus bass and a Quad ELS 57. These are dealer responses. Not mine.

Sorry. My mistake!!!. BMR. Not ABR.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
EB Ricky:
OK.

EB 1 & 2 are done. I want to do something different so I'm asking again. The only caveat is that this has to embody the new ABR technology. Any thoughts??.
How about a small floorstander with a supertweeter?

Chokobolt

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
A compact floorstander
emotion-5.gif

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
given the rest of the range a floor stander looks to be on the cards, compact seems to be the fashion but im pretty sure ricky doesnt care about that. would an active design be too commercially risky?

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Oh gawd, here we go again: can pictures of forum members on chintz sofas be far off?

If ya don't like it Mr. E, Moderate it.

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Like you paid any attention the *last* time you asked me...

*Last* time, you said "go to China for cabinetry. Like I'm really gonna do that!!!

A

Anonymous

bluebrazil:given the rest of the range a floor stander looks to be on the cards, compact seems to be the fashion but im pretty sure ricky doesnt care about that. would an active design be too commercially risky?

No, an active design is on the cards. Floorstander too!! And no JD. No onboard DAC.

John Duncan

EB Ricky:
JohnDuncan:Like you paid any attention the *last* time you asked me...

*Last* time, you said "go to China for cabinetry. Like I'm really gonna do that!!!

I also said "Dimensions (because these are important) - 90 x 17 x 27". You were close with the EB2, but you forgot that I said "floorstander"
emotion-5.gif

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
EB Ricky:
OK.

2 way floorstander. BMR for mids and highs and dual 8 inch woofers for the bass. Sealed cabinet or front ported, so it can be placed near to a wall...

A

Anonymous

EB Ricky:
OK.

Shouldn't you improve on your delivery times for the EB1 & 2 first before you undertake another project? Didn't the EB2 lose out big time on the annual award because of this?

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
MosesJ:EB Ricky:
OK.

Shouldn't you improve on your delivery times for the EB1 & 2 first before you undertake another project? Didn't the EB2 lose out big time on the annual award because of this?

Ouch... that's cold... though true... It would be a shame to have 3 great models of EB speakers to choose from and then not be able to get any of them in a reasonable time-frame...

Holly Moses!

Well you cannot say he doesn't go straight to the point.

I agree that Ricky obviously has to 'progress' but until delivery time of existing models can be shortened it seems strange that another design is muted already. Unless he now has the manpower to commence a third production line.......

I was told when I ordered that wait would probably be 6-8weeks and that was acceptable, I'm into week seven now and still haven't heard anything....some room for improvement on communication front I feel.

If this waiting period were to be extended as a new model hoves into view then I feel it would become unacceptable to the vast majority and only serve to boost ATC sales figures.

A

Anonymous

Whatever you decide to do, active, floorstander etc. Please go against the grain and give us a cabinet that has a good finish, not a veneer finished mdf same old, same old. I know it,s all down to cost etc but kick up the price and present your drivers in a stunning piece of joinery or go the b&o route and fashion a speaker from ally or steel. Don,t know why i typed this, it will probably be veneer glued mdf again.

A

Anonymous

Alears:
Holly Moses!

I agree that Ricky obviously has to 'progress' but until delivery time of existing models can be shortened it seems strange that another design is muted already. Unless he now has the manpower to commence a third production line.......

I was told when I ordered that wait would probably be 6-8weeks and that was acceptable, I'm into week seven now and still haven't heard anything....some room for improvement on communication front I feel.

If this waiting period were to be extended as a new model hoves into view then I feel it would become unacceptable to the vast majority and only serve to boost ATC sales figures.

Personally I would have waited a lot longer for a pair of personal hand made British speakers that sound cracking, but. unfortunately in todays society we want everything yesterday. Such a pity, as good things in this case come to those who wait patiently.

brittondave:Alears:

Holly Moses!

Personally I would have waited a lot longer for a pair of personal hand made British speakers that sound cracking, but. unfortunately in todays society we want everything yesterday. Such a pity, as good things in this case come to those who wait patiently.

Your patience does you proud good sir. And yes you are indeed getting a personal hand made pair of speakers.

Very much like a personal tailored suit I would hope to be kept informed of its progress.

The fact that it is hand made to order and the fact that waiting time is increasing is exactly why bringing another model into the equation cannot be a good thing. This would mean bringing in more manpower to keep up with the orders you already have with the increased likely hood of quality control slipping. Never a good thing. Ricky needs to set some sort of delivery cut-off point and until he can fulfill all current orders a new model line would appear to be not in his interest.

Regards the 'cracking sound' this is exactly what i am waiting to find out. Reviews aside i should like to hear it for myself and yes I think 2 months waiting for a tailor-made suit is long enough!

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
MosesJ:EB Ricky:
OK.

I think it's a perfectly sensible reasoning.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts