Looking for a soundbar

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi, I am looking for a soundbar for my 37'' HD telly...Which one is good for say around £250. I have had a look at the Boston Acoustics TVee 25 and it looks good but what options are out there?

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
I've recently bought Q Acoustics TV2 and am very pleased with it. it has the advantage of swiveling with the TV which is useful for us as we rotate the screen depending on where we are sitting and how many people are watching. The sound is very good as far as I'm concerned. I used to have a pair of Mission 752Fs which went a little deeper but never really worked properly in my room as it's on the small side. The TV2 is much better for clarity and soundstaging, especially with TV and films.

I'm sure many soundbars are very good, but none are as neat as the TV2.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
I've thought about the tv2 but after reading a few reviews the sound can cone across as bright and harsh at higher levels so I have opted out of that option. Any further recommendations within my price? I would love to get the b&w panorama but at £1,400...too expensive for my pockets right now :)

DrizztDan

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
im current looking for aa soundbar, as dont want to clutter my lounge yet.

looking at the YHT-S401 for £499, although unsure as to put the sub/receiver in my rack as the bass will surely vibrate and distrupt the blu ray
?

Also there is Boston Acoustics TVee Model 30.

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Expensive but have a YSP-2200, very impressed. However, you do see many YSP-800/900 Yamaha soundbars on ebay for well in your budget.
Theres a new Yamaha £250 soundbar that has a built in sub using 'Airsurround extreme' rather than projection. Got to be worth an audition at £250. Looks the part too. Think there's a picture in the news section on here.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts