Looking for a record player advice please

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
That's a good buy if you can get it.

Normally the 2xperience does not come fitted with a cartridge which is good, gives you much better options than the basic cartridges normally fitted to Project decks.

Look at the Shure M97eX would be my advice.

I think I told you in a earlier post to look up vickers hi-fi,project 2 experience classic in mahogany,brand new,without cart at £599, bargain. The exact same one as in my signature.from the same place.ps,you might be able to get a different finish if you call them.

gasolin

Freddy58 said:
davedotco said:
Rega players are ok, nothing more. The hype though is amazing.

The big problem is stability, an unstable player, one that is prone to microphony or feedback will cause more wear than one that is stable. The arm/cartridge needs to be well matched and carefully aligned too, not difficult if you know what you are doing, but not so easy for the less expert.

We are talking about what might be some irreplaceable recordings here, I would be very careful indeed if they were mine.

Fair enough. I still think the OP needs to assess how seriously he wants to get into vinyl. If it's only to play his Black Sabbath records, then he'd be better off keeping them in their sleeves and just playing the CD equivalent as those type of recordings aren't exactly demanding in HiFi terms, no disrespect to Black Sabbath, just sayin'.

Some cd's you can't get on lp and some lp's you can't get on cd mabye Blacksabbath25 have a bit of both.

I had bad luck with this years budget TT of the years, i had hum,groundloop (i know how to connect a TT), i didn't found any hum,groundloop box,isolator, so i don't own a TT. (had hum,groundloop before with a pair of krk rookit powered 5 g3)

I don't have 3 pin wall socket, they can look like this http://www.worldstandards.eu/WordPress/wp-content/uploads/electricity-type-G-socket-300x298.jpg or http://www.el-grossisten.dk/SL/PI/718/65/f3c82bd0-af11-4509-91f1-971b98474c29.jpg depending on where you live, make shure you as a minimum have this, buy a good resonable priced TT rega,project or mabye even a technic sl 1210 (most sold TT for pa, discotheque in history, it's a high end TT not a pa TT, but since it worked very good for pa, discotheque and had a good price it got popular), because you can change the sound by getting a better cartridges or as we call it in denmark pick-up, like buying a better external dac for your cdplayer or a better dac,soundard for your pc

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts