Looking for a multi-disc CD player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Any recommendations for a multi-disc CD player? Budget is up to £300.

I was set on the Onkyo DXC390 6 Disc CD Player, until I read the Amazon reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-DXC390-Disc-CD-Player/product-reviews/B0000EZ1KK/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_summary?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
dont want to try and give advise but i would buy a ipod and a dac magic and use a single cd player as transport. that way you can load all the classics on the ipod which would sound good and if you fancy i bit more quailty theres always putting a cd in that i would guess is not as far off 300 squid good look mate. I had that problem of wanting more and i went for a graded cambridge audio 640 h but i wish i had taken the route i have just said all the best

A

Anonymous

smuggs:dont want to try and give advise but i would buy a ipod and a dac magic and use a single cd player as transport. that way you can load all the classics on the ipod which would sound good and if you fancy i bit more quailty theres always putting a cd in that i would guess is not as far off 300 squid good look mate. I had that problem of wanting more and i went for a graded cambridge audio 640 h but i wish i had taken the route i have just said all the best

Thanks, but I will never buy anything from Apple.

A

Anonymous

sobeitjedi:

you could always buy it off ebay

A

Anonymous

dim_span:sobeitjedi:

you could always buy it off ebay

Thanks, but I mean that I never wish to reduce myself to own anything produced by Apple.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
sobeitjedi:
Thanks, but I mean that I never wish to reduce myself to own anything produced by Apple.

Yes indeed. Us Apple users are the scum of the earth. All the more reason why you would not want advice from any of us.

(iMac 20", one Airport Extreme 802.11n, two iPod Nanos, one iPhone and three happy iTunes users here in this household.)

cjackson

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Hi Buddy,

I'm after a multi-disc, At the moment I'm looking at 6 disc and upward on eBay. I'm watching the new Pioneer PD-m426. They are less than a year old ad sitting on eBay without remote controls for less than £100.

Good Bargain if you ask me.

If it wasn't so near christmas I'd be in there bidding, there is a few other decks on there aswel but I particularly like that one because I like Pioneer stuff.

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Before buying a multi CD player I'd suggest you seriously consider:

Ripped CD on PC ---> DAC ---> amp.

It can give comparable sound quality and is much more flexible.

A

Anonymous

Not interested in DAC I want to play CDs. Looks like a single CD player is the best option.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
sobeitjedi:Thanks, but I mean that I never wish to reduce myself to own anything produced by Apple.

That's a rather offensive statement Sobeitjedi. Lots of us on here own Apple equipment, along with lots of other manufacturer's kit. Ownership doesn't mean we are a lower life form.

There's really no need for that sort of comment on this normally well-intentioned forum. Please restrain yourself a little in future.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
single cd player though a dac is great and you get 2 digital inputs so all i said is you can add an ipod if you want a large shuffle on the go while sounding good. come on mate thats far better than an old multi disc machine ive been there.

T

the record spot

Oh my God, how the pious are in town tonight!

The guy doesn't want to touch Apple, he's made that clear, it's not a crime against humanity. Deal with it folks. Actually, I can see his POV - iPod, iPhone, iTouch, Apple everywhere....you'd think other manufacturers in each of the product classes didn't exist sometimes.

This multi-changer gets a good write up from users on the Steve Hoffman forum from time to time; the 5 disc Sony SCD595 SACD player. There was one on Ebay the other day for a very wallet friendly price. Worth trying out if you see one I think and the sound quality is meant to be very decent.

In fact, here it is: 160385544058

The dealer is trying it on by saying "No Returns" but at £45 it could be worth a punt. Distance Selling regs mean you can return BIN items to the business and he can't do diddly. His feedback however, is a bit rubbish (only 90%) so think it through. Either way, that's where I'd be looking at if you want something that fits your requirements.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the replies. First of all, my views on Apple aren't a personal attack on anyone on here so don't take it to heart. If you want to buy Apple products, good luck to you.

On the disc changer cd player front, looks like there's nothing modern around and I guess manufacturer's will stop producing players in the not-too-distant future. So, I'll either buy a dedicated 1 disc player or stick with using my Blu-Ray to play audio cd's.

Thanks all.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
sobeitjedi:First of all, my views on Apple aren't a personal attack on anyone on here so don't take it to heart. If you want to buy Apple products, good luck to you.

Thanks.

However, saying.. "I never wish to reduce myself to own anything produced by Apple" is not just an expression of dislike of the product, but a comment upon it's owner's values too.

F

FunkyMonkey

chebby:

sobeitjedi:First of all, my views on Apple aren't a personal attack on anyone on here so don't take it to heart. If you want to buy Apple products, good luck to you.

Thanks.

However, saying.. "I never wish to reduce myself to own anything produced by Apple" is not just an expression of dislike of the product, but a comment upon it's owner's values too.

A more personal remark would be, "The vast majority of lemming-like paying-over-the-odds Apple Owners do not care about the core function of the product so much as the way it looks, how whizz-bang it is to operate, and the faux kudos owning such a gadget brings"

THAT would be a more personal remark, were it made. It was just an example to put the "reduce myself" into perspective.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts