Looking for a budget subwoofer

markot

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I would like to add more bass to my system. My setup is Yamaha A-S500 amp and Monitor Audio MR2 speakers. My budget is roughly 300 EUR. Any suggestions?

I was looking at Heco Victa sub 251A. Is it any good?

Joking aside (I've never seen nor heard the Heco) in my opinion one of the most 'musical' of subwoofers in this price bracket (if you can find a 'graded' or ex-demo on the internet -they do exist) has to be the REL T Zero. Failing that a BK Gemini should be considered.

gasolin

The original MR sub are not so expensive why not just look for that, i think if you can find then with a discount you can find them for 300€ (or close to 300€)

http://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Audio-MRW-10-Powdered-Subwoofer/dp/B0071LSA94

markot

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
How is the Gemini 2 compared to Monitor Audio MRW-10?

I found Monitor Audio seller in my country which means Gemini would cost me almost 100€ more with shipping.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
There's a BK XLS200-DF Mk1 on AVForums for £90 at the moment. It has an intermittent fault but may still be worth considering at that price (the Mk2 version are £315 new) and it seems like there is a way of working around the fault.

Clicky

TrevC

steve_1979 said:
There's a BK XLS200-DF Mk1 on AVForums for £90 at the moment. It has an intermittent fault but may still be worth considering at that price (the Mk2 version are £315 new) and it seems like there is a way of working around the fault.

Clicky

Easy fix and a bargain. The cure is to replace the two 10,000 uF 80v PSU caps. How do I know? Mine had the same fault!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts