Looking for a 5.1 soundbar...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Let's say I've decided to buy a new blu-ray player with a 5.1 analog output to which I'd like to connect a trendy soundbar (like the B&W Panorama, the Marantz ES7001 or the Yamaha YSP-40D).

Unfortunately that's not possible, since I didn't find any model with a 5.1 analog input.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
ZP

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
HI,

Buy a proper amp & speaker set up?

Buying a soundbar then complaining one doesn't do 5.1 surround seems to defeat the purpose of the soundbar (or the 5.1) in my opinion.

A soundbar only deals with pseudo surround - it 'plays' with the signal and tries to produce an effect that you will believe is surround sound.

5.1 is surround sound with (as suggested) 5 speakers actually surrounding you - the .1 part being a 6th speaker dealing with only bass signals.

You only need a stereo feed to the soundbar to produce the effect so no need for the 5.1 analogue connections.

HTH.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

Don't you have an optical or coaxial output? You can use these for 5.1 on Yamaha soundbars.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not looking for a 5.1 ®normal¯ surround setup. I do want a soundbar...

The Yamaha 40D does have hdmi inputs but it doesn't decode HD audio. It also accepts LPCM but the output will be in stereo. That's why I need a bd player able to decode hd audio and send it via multi-channel analog outputs.

Cheers,

ZP

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts