Long HDMI Cables???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

What can you recommend for HDMI cable of 15 meters length?

I could not find more than 5 meter recommendation, but I need at least 10-15 meters from receiver to projector...

The planned equipment - InFocus + Denon AV receiver

Best regards,

Vitaly

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Just make sure any cable you buy is guaranteed to deliver 1080p over the length you want and, if you're planning to install it permanently above ceilings or behind walls, check that it does what it's supposed to before you install it, by connecting it up to the equipment.

A

Anonymous

homa:

Hi All,

What can you recommend for HDMI cable of 15 meters length?

I could not find more than 5 meter recommendation, but I need at least 10-15 meters from receiver to projector...

The planned equipment - InFocus + Denon AV receiver

Best regards,

Vitaly

How much do you want to pay?

CPC

15m £11.83 £14.95 £16.95 £49.99 or £68 £89.22 plus vat.

The last one is Profigold

the rest pro signal.

I'm told they can improve your picture quality
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

These cables haven't been reviewed on here but I have been using Brooklin cables, they look really well made and prices are excellent. Linky.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for good advise... But my problem is that I have to install cables now, but equipment will be purchased 4-5 months later (closer to the end of construction works). Can optical HDMI (like Kramer C-FOHM/FOHM-50) help in this case or the conversion destroys quality?

Or may be Wire World Starlight 5 (SHH15), Daxx R96, Profigold PGV1015, QED QNEX HDMI/15, Supra HDMI-HDMI/15?

It will be too stupid to by good equipment and spoil with bad (or not so good) cables...

A

Anonymous

Hi Homa,

I have 10m of Profigold PGV1010 cable, it's not too expensive.
The results at times depending on what source/movie I'm watching, is very good.
I can't say if there are better cables to choose from as I haven't tried them, I would like to.
At longer lengths it becomes difficult to try these things without buying. HTH.

A

Anonymous

another thought: what about the hdmi to cat5/6 and back options. you wont have lost much on the price of network cable.

not sure if they loose much quality though.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
How about going to your local dealer and asking their advice. Then, asking them to get the cable they recommend in (doubtful they'll have a 15m version in stock after all). Once they have it in, get them to test it against other cables they have of normal length and ensure it meets that standard. You can thus promise them, as long as it meets the standard they've said it will, you will buy it, negating the cost of them opening it up.

It will take a trustful dealer since it relies on both of you being honest throughout and some dealers will be nervous about this. However, if you find one that will trust you on this, you know you can also trust them and you've then got a dealer for life my friend!

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I've be a bit careful leaving a HDMi cable poking out of a ceiling on a construction site - they're a bit fragile at the ends...

Better to have you builder put in a cheap plastic pipe and some string running along it, and when he's finished carefully cover up the end of the HDMi, tie it to the end of the string and slowly pull it through the pipe.

Maybe by then the debate as to whether it's worth spending money on snazzy cables will have been solved, but I doubt it...!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts