LOGITECH SQUEEZEBOX

DJEPSON

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Having just bought the Logitech Harmony one remote, Logitech are now bombarding me with all their products and I have just come across the squeezebox and on first glances it looks impressive and reasonably priced so was wondering what others thought. I will be connecting it to my Denon 1910 amp (what connections type are available ?) and my girlfriend is mainly a radio 1 listener, we have a nano and iphone and all our music is in itunes.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
All depends which Sonos system and which Logitech you're referring to. You can now buy into Sonos from £349 with the new Sonos ZonePlayer S5 - review in our new issue, which is with subscribers from today and in shops by Friday.

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:[...] the new Sonos ZonePlayer S5 - review in our new issue, which is with subscribers from today and in shops by Friday.

emotion-19.gif
I just hope Royal Mail will be nicely this month...

I am also due to receive my S5 today (that's if DHL haven't messed up either)...

fido87456

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
I own 2 squeezebox classics, and they are fantastic. They are especially good when using iPeng on my iPod touch as the remore control rather than the infrared remotes that came with them.

The sound quality is great as the squeezebox comes with a decent DAC in it. I read a review somewhere that said the sound was comparable to a mid range CD player (mid range in the particular article being about £300).

Might be worth hanging on for a little while though as the Squeezebox Touch is due to launch soon which has a touchscreen and also has a mini version of Squeezecenter running on it so you can just plug in an external harddrive containing all your music instead of having to have Squeezecenter running somewhere on your network on a PC or a NAS (I've got it running on a QNAP TS109 NAS which works well for streaming music, although it can be a bit slow for other tasks).

The SB classic can be connected to your amp either by RCA, Digital Coax, or Optical, Mine are connected by the RCA sockets and sound fantastic.

I'd definitely recommend them, but be aware that a little networking know how is needed when performing the inital setup. And that you do need a decent wireless signal if you're not using Ethernet cable to connect it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts