Logitech Harmony Range.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
In my living room I now have the need for six different remotes which drives the missus and kids barmy.

I am thinking of getting one of the Logitech remotes. Having visited their website all my components are compatable.

Do I get something like the 555 to see if every one can get used to it then at a later date upgrade to the One(do not need a higher spec model than One)? Or just go straight in for the One.

I am not worried about set up of the remotes (seems very easy), just concerned about the ease of every day use for all the family.

Any advice from owner of either would be greatly appreciated.

A

Anonymous

I have the 555 and went back to my multiple remotes! Real hassle trying to get it to remember which HDMI for the Sky Box and the Blu-ray.

Others will say the contrary of course and love them.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
If One is with in your budget, go for it! It is awesome and has a good feel. There are lots of people who will be swear by it.

I personally am more about simplicity and trying to avoid (touch) screens. I have sold my ONE and now have a Harmony 300. I like the simplicity of pure buttons, no screen approach and I do not have so many devices to control.

The innovation of a Harmony Remote can only be appreciate by a prolonged experience due to a steeper learning curve and the memory effect of the dedicated individual remotes (definitely in my case). For example, It took some time for me to figure out that I can assign the Volume Control ALWAYS to AVR irrespective of the device I am controlling. Very helpful when watching Cable Box but Volume needs to be controlled with AVR. There are many such small things and I got the hang of it only after some good amount of usage by controlling the urge to use the dedicated remote controls.

subseastu

Sep 12, 2007
Visit site
I'm looking into these as well but have looked at the "one, 900 and 1100", quite a spread I know. Am I right in thinking that the 900 and 1100 use radio freq and the "one" uses infrared? Also apart from looks is the 1100 really worth the extra over the 900?

A

Anonymous

leahandanna:

In my living room I now have the need for six different remotes which drives the missus and kids barmy.

I am thinking of getting one of the Logitech remotes. Having visited their website all my components are compatable.

Do I get something like the 555 to see if every one can get used to it then at a later date upgrade to the One(do not need a higher spec model than One)? Or just go straight in for the One.

I am not worried about set up of the remotes (seems very easy), just concerned about the ease of every day use for all the family.

Any advice from owner of either would be greatly appreciated.

Like yourself I really fancied a ONE but considered it too expensive

I bought a 555 it was really reasonable priced easy to set up and gave me a feel for what a Harmony can do

If the one ever sells at £75 again I would probably consider changing

Also whith a bit of work the 555 can be configured to carry out more complex tasks

That said just checked the price on Amazon and the 555 has gone up inprice to near £70 I paid £40 so I would pass

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts