Logitech Harmony 515 - battery life

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Anyone own the Logitch Harmony 515? How long do the batteries last for typical everyday use?

On Play they have it for £24.99, which is a fraction of the Harmony One.

I only have three devices right now, and will move to four, so the limit of five devices is not an issue.

Anything I should be concerned about?

I would like a Harmony that is re-chargable, but they are a bit pricey.

Thanks,

Pauled.

A

Anonymous

pauled51:

Anyone own the Logitch Harmony 515? How long do the batteries last for typical everyday use?

On Play they have it for £24.99, which is a fraction of the Harmony One.

I only have three devices right now, and will move to four, so the limit of five devices is not an issue.

Anything I should be concerned about?

I would like a Harmony that is re-chargable, but they are a bit pricey.

Thanks,

Pauled.
I was in the same position ,why not just use rechargable batteries , thats what I do for my Harmony 555

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The batteries in my 555 last at least 3-4 months (usually use standard Energizer ones), so you shouldn't need to worry about this really - though of course as said, the obvious solution is to buy rechargeable AAAs if you are worried.

A

Anonymous

Thanks to both replies.

Professorhat - is there an indication that the batteries are running low, or does it just die?

What are the main advantages of the 555 over the 515, if any?

Pauled

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
As I remember, you don't really get any indication, it just says to replace the batteries. Just keep four AAA batteries spare and you're good for another 3-4 months though. You can perform the classic "open the case, twizzle the batteries, close the case" manaeouvre for a few more minutes use on them, but I generally just replace them when it says to.

I think the 555 can control 15 devices vs the 5 of the 515 - not sure there's anything over and above that to be honest.

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
I have a Harmony 525 remote, and have been using it for more than 6 months now with the original (duracel alkaline) batteries.
And if those go dead, I have some rechargable batteries ready to install.

Just one thought about the 525: build quality could be better, it cracks some when using it, but for the price it's a great remote.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts