Logitech Harmony 1100

TBH, I've not been able to convince myself that the Harmony 1100 is worth the money..........my blu-ray player costs half that much! I went for the Harmony One which was a lot cheaper & is excellent. It also feels like a proper remote, unlike the Harmony 1100 which requires both hands to operate.

Having said that, the reviews for the Harmony 1100 have been favourable: http://whathifi.com/Review/Logitech-Harmony-1100/

A

Anonymous

bigboss:
TBH, I've not been able to convince myself that the Harmony 1100 is worth the money..........my blu-ray player costs half that much! I went for the Harmony One which was a lot cheaper & is excellent. It also feels like a proper remote, unlike the Harmony 1100 which requires both hands

to operate.

Having said that, the reviews for the Harmony 1100 have been favourable: http://whathifi.com/Review/Logitech-Harmony-1100/

Thanks, I've been keeping an eye on the price of the Harmony one for a while but have been offered the 1100 that has been used in a demo room The salesguy said to let him know if I want it alhtough he said he could let me have it cheaper the the Harmony-one he has'nt given a price yet, I'll ask him tomorrow
emotion-1.gif

I rally wanted some feedback from 1100 owners if possible?

A

Anonymous

piobob:Any good,Is it worth the money?

I own and love this remote!! I went through 3 Harmony 785's in about 12 months, with problems from back light staying on, to constant firmware reboots to get it working. I finally got full refund and put it towards the 1100 to soften the price tag.

So in answer to your question, is it any good, yes!! Is it worth the money, hmmmmmmmmm..........................

A

Anonymous

TrevD:
piobob:Any good,Is it worth the money?

I own and love this remote!! I went through 3 Harmony 785's in about 12 months, with problems from back light staying on, to constant firmware reboots to get it working. I finally got full refund and put it towards the 1100 to soften the price tag.

So in answer to your question, is it any good, yes!! Is it worth the money, hmmmmmmmmm..........................

Thanks TrevD

Do you use the Makro's?

If so are they easy to set up?

IDon't know much about Makro's

GetCarter

Nov 5, 2003
Visit site
The Harmony is an absolute doddle to use. Macros are actually called Sequences on the Harmony software, you just tell the handset what device, and function you want to do, and you can string together loads of these, one easy/useful one is creating a short cut one button push for getting to ITV HD on Sky, which is normally about 6 buttons pushes.

If you go to Logitech/Harmony website, you can take a test drive of the software, set up an account, and try the whole lot out (free) before you comit to buying.

Try it, you'll never go back!

A

Anonymous

I have to agree with GetCarter, it is a doddle to use!! The whole set up is done online, and walks you through the whole process. Once you open the account and input what devices you use for what, the rest is plain sailing and easy enough to back and 'tweak' at any time!! Even the Mrs gets on with it, which is a plus when you tell her how much you just spent on a remote!!
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

GetCarter:
The Harmony is an absolute doddle to use. Macros are actually called Sequences on the Harmony software, you just tell the handset what device, and function you want to do, and you can string together loads of these, one easy/useful one is creating a short cut one button push for getting to ITV HD on Sky, which is normally about 6 buttons pushes.

If you go to Logitech/Harmony website, you can take a test drive of the software, set up an account, and try the whole lot out (free) before you comit to buying.

Thanks Get Carter I'll have a look at the website tomorrow Bit late at the mo
emotion-20.gif

A

Anonymous

piobob:GetCarter:

Thanks Get Carter I'll have a look at the website tomorrow Bit late at the mo
emotion-20.gif

Thanks again Trev gonna browse the logitech site later and make up my mind
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

piobob:bigboss:
TBH, I've not been able to convince myself that the Harmony 1100 is worth the money..........my blu-ray player costs half that much! I went for the Harmony One which was a lot cheaper & is excellent. It also feels like a proper remote, unlike the Harmony 1100 which requires both hands

to operate.

Thanks, I've been keeping an eye on the price of the Harmony one for a while but have been offered the 1100 that has been used in a demo room The salesguy said to let him know if I want it alhtough he said he could let me have it cheaper the the Harmony-one he has'nt given a price yet, I'll ask him tomorrow
emotion-1.gif

Was told it would be £219, must have missheard him b/4............ wil have a rethink now and might go for the Harmony one

A

Anonymous

The Harmony 555 is looking favorite at the moment

any other views?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts