lockdown boredom faffing

got bored today, so i decided to strip down and clean the turntable, clean the bearing, replace the bearing oil, and for some crazy reason.... i replaced all the little gel pads between the glass shelves and the Atacama metal rack.
no, i'm not going to do any "lifting a veil" or "night and day" posts.. but everything looks nice and shiny again.
very therapeutic.

Attachments

• tt setup.jpg
    tt setup.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 43
  • dots oil.jpg
    dots oil.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 44
Something I have been meaning to do for some time with my turntable. Was going to leave it until I got the heavy platter upgrade but that may be put off for a good while as I haven't been able to return to work so funds are a tad low

Gray

got bored today, so i decided to strip down and clean the turntable, clean the bearing, replace the bearing oil, and for some crazy reason.... i replaced all the little gel pads between the glass shelves and the Atacama metal rack.
no, i'm not going to do any "lifting a veil" or "night and day" posts.. but everything looks nice and shiny again.
very therapeutic.
They look like the door buffers I've used all over the place (though never to buffer doors :))
I'm on my second batch of 50. Perfect between speakers and stands.

yeah, i think that's what they are for (furniture).
work a treat, the original ones were very flat, and there weren't that many on there really.
so, i've gone crazy on them and put loads on there. bearing in mind the CD Player is around 16kg, the amp 20kg, and the tt around 10kg there's quite a bit of weight on each shelf.

Reactions: Gray
D

Deleted member 108165

very therapeutic.
Cracking job bigfish... wanna come and clean mine? Free tea and biccies :)

Reactions: bigfish786

Clarkey_71

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
very therapeutic.

That's a lovely looking deck.

Reactions: bigfish786
D

Deleted member 108165

The acrylic material lends itself to all kinds of illumination pimping :) It is a lovely deck and not just in the looks dept. (y)

Reactions: Clarkey_71
D

Deleted member 116933

very therapeutic.

Changing the subject a little, Ive been keenly looking at that turntable myself, How has it been for you? reviews are glowing and I have a good grasp of what it sounds like but not what it's like to live with. Is there any frustrations, things maybe you wish you would have known before purchase that might give you pause if you were to buy it again? Many mention the motor can be fiddly to use is it really much of an issue?

@DougK as well as I can see you have the same

Hi Millennia,
The turntable itself is a beautiful thing. An absolute bargain when you look at the parts on the deck.
The start button on the motor isn’t ideally placed, but it’s still useable, the motor is not directly connected to the plinth so there’s a tiny amount of movement that can occur as you turn it on, but only takes a second to centre it again.
A dust cover would have been nice, it’s something I’m considering buying at the moment.
But honestly there’s nothing about it that would stop me buying it again.

D

Deleted member 116933

Hi Millennia,
The turntable itself is a beautiful thing. An absolute bargain when you look at the parts on the deck.
The start button on the motor isn’t ideally placed, but it’s still useable, the motor is not directly connected to the plinth so there’s a tiny amount of movement that can occur as you turn it on, but only takes a second to centre it again.
A dust cover would have been nice, it’s something I’m considering buying at the moment.
But honestly there’s nothing about it that would stop me buying it again.

Thank you kindly for getting back to much appreciated

D

Deleted member 116933

I am amazed at the number of turntables these days that don't come with any form of dust cover.

Ill have to start making boxes again, used to do it at uni for my product design course to show off prototypes NOT cheap especially to get a museum grade finish

D

Deleted member 116933

Museum grade sounds great. I’ll have one 👍😁 .The ones I’ve seen with the glass finish look nice (green tint to the cut edges)

LOL I don't know if I'm ready for the main stage just yet seems like there might be a market for it though. But yes the glass effect stuff is nice a lot of polishing is needed and special glue to keep the air out

D

Deleted member 116933

Will always be expensive for postage, big , delicate and probably insured, imports duties are a lottery sometimes you pay sometimes you don't depend on what the border control is feeling like, I'm sure there's someone in the UK that can make them.

Friesiansam

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts