List of movies one can watch numerous times

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
A couple of left field ones, if having a few cans and want an uncomplicated laugh:

- I pronounce you Chuck and Larry

- Here comes The Boom

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
newlash09 said:
Hi all,

Was wondering if everyone can post their respective list of films worth watching a number of times. So I could catch up on something I could have missed. Thanks :)
lol terminator 2 !

The highlander

Rocky films

James Bond collection

Black rain

dire hard collection

Iron man collection well all marvel films really

transformers collection

Jaws

battle ships

the hunt for the red October

Star Trek collection

saving private ryen

pearl harbour

i could keep carrying on Newlash ! Lol

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
On the list so far except for immitation game. Will check it out too.

I remember loving mackenass gold, guns of navarone and where eagles dare as kid. But how would they rank today

Tonestar1

Blacksabbath25 said:
The highlander

Rocky films

James Bond collection

Black rain

dire hard collection

Iron man collection well all marvel films really

transformers collection

Jaws

battle ships

the hunt for the red October

Star Trek collection

saving private ryen

pearl harbour

i could keep carrying on Newlash ! Lol

A few classics in there but I couldn't wathc the Transformers Collection first time round never mind watch again :)

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
first brought on dvd then HD-DVD (remember them!) and then again when the bluray version came out in the UK (which took ages).

Bill Murray doing his usual off beat comic acting ( although according to imdb most of it was improvised ).

for a budget indie film the picture on both the HD versions is excellent with good colours and fine detail.

the audio is equally impressive, especially the DTS-Master soundtrack (bluray) with good surround effects, don't expect explosions etc, it's not that kind of film.

*music2*

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
the original not the remake, although I will be getting the "new" one when it comes out next month.

available as either a 2 disc or via import a 5 disc on HD-DVD or bluray with the option to watch four different versions of the film, again for a film that was first released on VHS with a dolby surround mix, the "final cut" version with its stunning dolby TrueHD soundtrack making the most of vangelis's music shows how far we have come in terms of home cinema audio.

*music2*

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Fire fox

Dirty Harry collection

nightmare on elm street collection

Mission impossible collection

Top gun

Iron eagle

the wrath

Christine

The hitcher

Happy Gilmore

The colour of money

shawshank redemption

Driving miss daisy

The green mile

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
macdiddy said:
the original not the remake, although I will be getting the "new" one when it comes out next month.

available as either a 2 disc or via import a 5 disc on HD-DVD or bluray with the option to watch four different versions of the film, again for a film that was first released on VHS with a dolby surround mix, the "final cut" version with its stunning dolby TrueHD soundtrack making the most of vangelis's music shows how far we have come in terms of home cinema audio.

*music2*

Thats another acclaimed movie I've never seen . Since I don't have a UHD player as yet, is it available for streaming from Netflix or Google movies or Amazon. Thanks :)

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
still only available on dvd in a version formatted for old "square" tvs, try playing it on a modern tv and about 90% of your picture will be made up of black bars top and bottom, currently the only way to get near HD quality is the US laserdisc released in 1990.

no news of any bluray version on the horizon, apparently Mr Cameron is too busy with Avatar 2,3,4...100 to bother remastering some of his classics (athough he's managed to bring out another format version of T2 to add to the already multiple VHS, laserdisc, dvd, HD-DVD, bluray versions).

True lies is another film still awaiting a bluray release, again the best is the laserdisc.

*music2*

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
do you have a "standard bluray player, if so the original version is cheap on Amazon, the five disc is a bit more expensive new but you can buy secondhand instead.

*music2*

ps. to answer your question, I've just checked and its not available on NetFlix, don't know about google or amazon as I am not a subscriber to either of them.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
macdiddy said:
do you have a "standard bluray player, if so the original version is cheap on Amazon, the five disc is a bit more expensive new but you can buy secondhand instead.

*music2*

ps. to answer your question, I've just checked and its not available on NetFlix, don't know about google or amazon as I am not a subscriber to either of them.

I do have a normal Blu-ray player. But not uhd player. Wil look out for the disc as you suggested. Thanks :)

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Toy story 1 & 2, (not so much 3)

Monsters Inc ( first one )

Despicable Me 1, 2 ( not seen third one )

The Incredibles

Finding Nemo (again the original)

Wall-e

The Lego Movie

Inside Out

Up

Shrek (probably the first one)

Bolt

Storks

Minions

A Bugs Life

feel free to add any I've missed. *biggrin*