Linn Majik LP12 MC

djh1697

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
The CONS are important here, I compared my 40 year old British built turntable with the previous LP12 Majik, the LP12 sounding somewhat pale and anemik in comparison.

Jasonovich

Disclaimer: I don't own vinyl turntable or ever intend to owe one.

The Linn Majik LP12 is the most reputable turntable brand there is but they keep playing safe with their tried and tested designs, so boring. In fairness, other brands like Project, Rega are guilty of doing the same.

If the Streamer /DAC revolution never happened, I think I would have invested my hard earn money on the Pure Fidelity turntable, it even has a tube MC preamp/speed controller, how insane!
If you convert Canadian dollars to GBP, it'll probable cost the same as the Linn Majik. Not magic but looks pretty impressive!

View: https://youtu.be/ThXcV6Xu7kM?si=sl8yc8oIvEcbMInG
View: https://youtu.be/-xGJ2NaN0TQ?si=_tH5RXW3VG8DT9WJ

Last edited:

A-Line

Feb 3, 2022
Visit site
The CONS are important here, I compared my 40 year old British built turntable with the previous LP12 Majik, the LP12 sounding somewhat pale and anemik in comparison.
I bought my first LP12 in 1983. It came with a Ittok tonearm and a cheap Grado moving iron pickup. It sounded great to me. The only upgrade that I had done to that table was a Cirkus bearing. I maintained using cheap Grado pickups on that table until I sold it in 2006.
Prior to selling that table I had recorded a few records and select tracks from various LP's using my ReVox B77 MKII tape deck.

I bought a new LP12 Majik table in 2010. That table came with a Project 9cc tonearm and a Linn Adikt MM pickup. I never bothered to do a A/B comparison of my recordings using my old table vs the new Linn Majik table. I still play those tapes, mostly of live radio broadcasts of classical music, but a few tapes(24 in all, the other 576 tapes are of live radio broadcasts) and they still sound good to me but do have a dated sound when it comes to the records that I recorded. I still play my tapes using ReVox B77 MKII running through my ReVox B780 receiver, I purchased both brand new in 1983 same as the Linn LP12.

My current Linn table is fully upgraded minus the Radikal 2 & the Urika phono stage. I have a Radikal 1 D and use a McIntosh MA6500 integrated amp for amplification and a EAR Yoshino 324 phono stage with a Lyra Kleos MC pickup...

Attachments

• 1000012763.jpg
    1000012763.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 2

Jasonovich

I bought my first LP12 in 1983. It came with a Ittok tonearm and a cheap Grado moving iron pickup. It sounded great to me. The only upgrade that I had done to that table was a Cirkus bearing. I maintained using cheap Grado pickups on that table until I sold it in 2006.
Prior to selling that table I had recorded a few records and select tracks from various LP's using my ReVox B77 MKII tape deck.

I bought a new LP12 Majik table in 2010. That table came with a Project 9cc tonearm and a Linn Adikt MM pickup. I never bothered to do a A/B comparison of my recordings using my old table vs the new Linn Majik table. I still play those tapes, mostly of live radio broadcasts of classical music, but a few tapes(24 in all, the other 576 tapes are of live radio broadcasts) and they still sound good to me but do have a dated sound when it comes to the records that I recorded. I still play my tapes using ReVox B77 MKII running through my ReVox B780 receiver, I purchased both brand new in 1983 same as the Linn LP12.

My current Linn table is fully upgraded minus the Radikal 2 & the Urika phono stage. I have a Radikal 1 D and use a McIntosh MA6500 integrated amp for amplification and a EAR Yoshino 324 phono stage with a Lyra Kleos MC pickup...
Really awesome setup :)

Reactions: A-Line

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts