Linn Majik CD player - a good buy?

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

I have the chance to buy a Linn Majik CD player off a friend.

I believe its about 4 years old, and he is looking for about
£650 for this.

Is the CD player a big step up from my Arcam CD82 and at
this price is it a good deal. He reckons it cost him just short of 2k new.

Help much appreciated,

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the help John.

I am in the process of buying some new speakers in the next few weeks....looking at spending say £1500.

I was just wondering if it was worth giving the CD player a go to as it seems a good deal.

I beleive the Linn will also go with my ARCAM Amps.

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
One of my recent best buys was my p85 power amp off ebay after taking guidance on this forum.

I supose I was looking for another bargain....£650....for the Linn. I reckon I will get £200 for my Arcam.

I get a better??? Cd player, well a more expensive one for sure and it is 6 years newer than my Arcam.

Always open for advice.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to go off at a tangent but I know that you are after some new speakers from a different post (oh and above!).

So if you are also thinking about a different cd player, do you not really need to sit down and really think about what you want?

If you are thinking about these changes on top/around each other, perhaps you need to identify what it is that you are really searching for. Perhaps you need a different take on how you move on from where you (unhappily?) are at the moment.

:?

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi relocated

I am definitely replacing the speakers very soon.

I had decided to stick with my Cd and amp for a few more years, however this option of the Linn has come up unexpectedly off a friend.........so was looking for opinions.

Oh and you may also be right by the way :)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi Womaz

The Majik CDP is a fine player, but I have one reservation - The Linn Sneaky...which isn't that much more (similar if 2nd hand) and is (imo) not only better than the Majik CDP but also the Akurate CDP as well.

Compared to the Sneaky, the Majik CDP sounds rather flat and sterile, with less good timing...it's no wonder that Linn stopped making CDPs.

I'm not saying "don't buy it", rather "it's not the best use of your resources".

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi CnoEvl

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

The Sneaky is a streamer and I have decided not to go down this route just yet........although I seem to be changing my mind a lot lately.

The Linn CD player just seems a good deal and I know it will have been looked after.........decisions decisions :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts