Linn Klimax DS3 review - dCS Rossini

rudolffischer

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Dear Whathifi,

I read the Linn Klimax DS3 review with great interest. The machine is clearly geared towards DSD agnostics, forcing the user to convert DSD files offline in order to be able to play them on the DS3 in PCM form.

I would be extremely curious to read a review of the dCS Rossini, which does all the DS3 does (and more incl. DSD) at around the same price.

The price for this type of machines is extremely high, but Linn and dCS are two companies that support their hardware with software upgrades over many years. Two Hifi friends of mine have 17 year old dCS Delius / Purcells at the heart of thier systems and while they obviously don't do DSD, it is absolutely amazing how well they still sound today. For me the hunt for the perfect DAC / Streamer is over with my new dCS Rossini hopefully for many years to come.

Hoping to read a review of the Rossini in Whathifi soon.

Thanks and best Regards

rudolffischer

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
In the meantime I have become a very happy owner of a dCS Rossini and the review at Whathifi has also become a reality:

https://www.whathifi.com/dcs/rossini-dac-rossini-master-clock/review

I couldn't agree more with the findings. I find the Rossini an absolutely exceptional piece of kit. The choice of Rossini came about after an extended listening session at a friend's who has an almost 20 year old dCS Delius / Purcell combo, which we compared to Chord DAVE, Playback Designs Merlot and T+A DAC8 DSD. I was astonished the 20 year old dCS combo was at least as good as the current DACs and in some respects better. I am now counting on my Rossini rendering me service for the next 20 yeras.

regular_smile.png

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Congratulations.

DCS makes very impressive kit....but for my taste, I prefer the Linn DS, which I find a little more organic, with the Klimax DS being my favorite Source. At this level though, this is nitpicking.

*drinks*

EDIT. What is the rest of your system?

TRENDING THREADS