Linn DS-I or something else?

juxter1

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I started auditioning possible new systems and got very confused. I listened to Naim Uniti, Naim XS system and then the dealer threw me a curveball. He showed me a Linn DS-I with Komponent 110 speakers and I found that it moved me so much more than I thought it would. It all fell into place and hit me between the eyes.

I realise the Komponent 110's are now discontinued but the price of the DS-I included the speakers.

I am sorely tempted and it seems to offer everything I want in a very stylish package.

The question is, do I stop now and get the Linn setup or continue auditioning bearing in mind that it may well cost more to get the same sort of features?

What to do, what to do? I am in a right pickle.

John Duncan

The only issue I would have would be the lack of disc replay (which the Uniti offers and is still important to me - or at least to Mrs JD), but it does sound like a spectacular deal, discontinued or not. I'd also add that

juxter1:I found that it moved me so much more than I thought it would. It all fell into place and hit me between the eyes. [snip] and it seems to offer everything I want in a very stylish package.

would appear to answer your own question.

Messiah

juxter1:
Ok, so I started auditioning possible new systems and got very confused. I listened to Naim Uniti, Naim XS system and then the dealer threw me a curveball. He showed me a Linn DS-I with Komponent 110 speakers and I found that it moved me so much more than I thought it would. It all fell into place and hit me between the eyes.

juxter1:

I am sorely tempted and it seems to offer everything I want in a very stylish package.

As JD has said, I think you have made a decision...

juxter1

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Thinking about it all evening, I think I have.

Now just to see the dealer again, sort out a network, nas and possibly an iPad to act as a remote.

All in should be £3300. I think that's worth it for everything I get.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts