LG's UI is insulting.

Rolling60

Jul 3, 2022
Visit site
I'm actually flabbergasted. Why is the UI similar to a PDA from the 90s?

I was super disappointed, I mean it's not even possible to be navigating settings whilst playing something to get an idea of what I am changing.

An android type UI should be a gold standard in Smart TVs, aside from significantly intuitive options, there's a major factor; being able to install actual, useful 3rd party apps like NordVPN.

I'm regretting my C1 purchase, but I guess the gaming experience is still one of the best.

DCarmi

I have an LG TV with WebOS and an Android bluray player. Personally, I prefer WebOS. I find Android TV somewhat flakey.

Generally, you can't set up NordVPN on most smart TVs. However, if you google you will find ways to set it up using a shared connection from a PC or on a router.

Philips and TCL also do Android TVs. Possibly the easiest solution could be to use a FireTV stick. You can find installation guides on the NordVPN site.

Gray

Maybe I'm unfairly compacting to smart devices? But surely it's accurate
Probably best not to compare the two.

I've installed tellies for quite a few people.
Several of them have asked if I can switch the "annoying things" off and leave them with just a TV. If only.

I find TV UI and 'smart' functions (with their necessary updates) can be a hindrance to viewing....personally, I wish you could buy TVs without the 'smart'.
(At least I haven't got an unnecessary Netflix button on my remote).

Last edited:
Reactions: DCarmi
I tried the voice commands on our LG but it never insulted me! But seriously, the worst thing I find is switching back from an App to the terrestrial TV. The relevant icon is almost off the screen, but I’m guessing if I fiddle I’ll be able to move it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts