LG Oled news 2016

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

Dont look like its going to happen this year, the 65-inch stand is too big for my av stand! Unless I buy last years TV which I am not that keen on after consideration.

D

Deleted member 2457

Paul. said:
gel said:
I think it's 1000 nits for LG Oled TVs.

where did you read that? Didn't think LG have released brightness figures at CES, CNET are quoting 25% increase in brightness over 2015, that should be just enough to push it over the 540 nits needed for a premium tag. I would be plenty happy with that, but doubt I can get a 55" for £1500 ish anytime soon.
Somewhere on AV Forums I think.

D

Deleted member 2457

What would you get a 55-inch Full HDR 4k OLED TV or a semi-full HDR 65-inch 4k Oled TV?

I hear HDR makes a difference at 55-inches where 4K doesnt though.

Paul.

gel said:
What would you get a 55-inch Full HDR 4k OLED TV or a semi-full HDR 65-inch 4k Oled TV?

I sit 2.2 meters from my TV, 65 would be way too big for me. At 2 meters 4k was discernable on a 48js9000 even with compressed netflix content, so it would be easy to tell on a 55". At 3 meters I would start thinking 65.

Im hoping to try and pick up a 55JS9000 in late feb, the TVs should be as cheap as they will go and the full 2016 range should be announed for Samsung and LG by then, so I will know if there is something worth waiting for.

D

Deleted member 2457

Paul. said:
gel said:

I sit 2.2 meters from my TV, 65 would be way too big for me. At 2 meters 4k was discernable on a 48js9000 even with compressed netflix content, so it would be easy to tell on a 55". At 3 meters I would start thinking 65.

Im hoping to try and pick up a 55JS9000 in late feb, the TVs should be as cheap as they will go and the full 2016 range should be announed for Samsung and LG by then, so I will know if there is something worth waiting for.
Cheers Paul.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
gel said:
Paul. said:
gel said:
I think it's 1000 nits for LG Oled TVs.

where did you read that? Didn't think LG have released brightness figures at CES, CNET are quoting 25% increase in brightness over 2015, that should be just enough to push it over the 540 nits needed for a premium tag. I would be plenty happy with that, but doubt I can get a 55" for £1500 ish anytime soon.
Somewhere on AV Forums I think.

After seeing what sony Samsung and Panasonic have done this year with LED I am starting to think my next TV in maybe 2.5 years might be another LED! I'd love a 1500 nit 12 bit TV. Unless I can get a 55" 4k oled that does 1000 nits for £1500

TRENDING THREADS