Legendary bands

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
In my mind theses bands go down as legendary bands

Led Zeppelin what a great band that mixes blues and rock into one I was a bit late being a fan of this band .

I have all of there albums now and love the band taking their instrument playing to to top level heaven a specially songs like since I have been loving you and meany more great songs .

what a great band .....

Black Sabbath

i have always been a long time fan of this band again a band that mixes blues with metal come rock .

the band have given us nearly 50 years of great music now sadly retired but still a legendary band that goes down in the history books .

Pink Floyd

a band that will go down in history as one of the best bands in the world a band who are good at there instrument playing and great at make great album master pieces like the wall , wish you were here , dark side of the moon .

great albums a great band

sadly how meany bands last this long today how meany bands that are so good at the instrument playing as well as song writing . Sadly we are losing bands like this because they have got to old but you want them to last for ever . A lot of theses bands have been in my life for a very long time and they are apart of me .

i can not stand the rubbish that's made to today none of it has no soul what's happened !

Blacksabbath25 said:

Led Zeppelin what a great band that mixes blues and rock into one I was a bit late being a fan of this band .

I have all of there albums now and love the band taking their instrument playing to to top level heaven a specially songs like since I have been loving you and meany more great songs .

what a great band .....

Black Sabbath

i have always been a long time fan of this band again a band that mixes blues with metal come rock .

the band have given us nearly 50 years of great music now sadly retired but still a legendary band that goes down in the history books .

Pink Floyd

a band that will go down in history as one of the best bands in the world a band who are good at there instrument playing and great at make great album master pieces like the wall , wish you were here , dark side of the moon .

great albums a great band

sadly how meany bands last this long today how meany bands that are so good at the instrument playing as well as song writing . Sadly we are losing bands like this because they have got to old but you want them to last for ever . A lot of theses bands have been in my life for a very long time and they are apart of me .

i can not stand the rubbish that's made to today none of it has no soul what's happened !

Most of my musical heroes are people like Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane, Steve Winwood (Spencer Davis Group), early Roxy, The Jam, Otis Redding, Squeeze, Costello, Aretha, Nile Rogers...

It's difficult to nail a particular group or band as legendary. My two siblings (brother and sister) are 12 and 16 years older than me, and the first songs I heard were Motown, Stax and Brit pop of the 60s.

I suppose if I had to nail one particular colour to the sticking place, one of the first singles I heard was Small Faces 'Itchycoo Park' or maybe The Kinks 'Sunny Afternoon'.

D

Deleted member 2457

I like Metallica - their songs I can relate too and Guns N Roses. First time I heard their songs aged 13 I thought yes, this I really like, hadn't heard anything similar at that time.

jjbomber

Blacksabbath25 said:

Black Sabbath

Pink Floyd

The Who and Deep Purple complete the list.

Meanwhile, you need to listen to ''Eternity'' by Raveneye from the Nova album. Try and liten to Skam's first album, It's Come To This. Plenty of good new bands about.

The problem is that too many fans are stuck in the past and won't give new bands a chance. Add in rock radio stations that are stuck in the 70s and it's tough out there. the talent is far but a lot harder to find.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi gel

I have liked Metallica , gun's & roses for a long time now both great bands that have lasted over the years

I've never seen theses 2 bands live and hope to one day the trouble is I ended up getting married 16 years ago and then we had a little one she has a disability so I am a full time career That was that I've not been to a concert in 16 years life got in the way but hopefully one day I will go to a concert again .

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
jjbomber said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

Black Sabbath

Pink Floyd

The Who and Deep Purple complete the list.

Meanwhile, you need to listen to ''Eternity'' by Raveneye from the Nova album. Try and liten to Skam's first album, It's Come To This. Plenty of good new bands about.

The problem is that too many fans are stuck in the past and won't give new bands a chance. Add in rock radio stations that are stuck in the 70s and it's tough out there. the talent is far but a lot harder to find.
I do try to listen to new bands But I am afraid I am one fan that is stuck in the past as much as I try not to I find that the modern stuff sounds all the same to me .

i flick though the iTunes metal section and most of it is death metal which sounds like 2 dogs shagging or they add a bit of rap into the music but I still keep looking for new bands I mean I found 2 grand magus and U.D.O which I find out they are old band too 18 albums under there belt .

D

Deleted member 2457

Blacksabbath25 said:
Hi gel

I have liked Metallica , gun's & roses for a long time now both great bands that have lasted over the years

I've never seen theses 2 bands live and hope to one day the trouble is I ended up getting married 16 years ago and then we had a little one she has a disability so I am a full time career That was that I've not been to a concert in 16 years life got in the way but hopefully one day I will go to a concert again .
I am going to see Guns n Roses this year for the first time, I would like to see Metallica too, they are currently touring in the US with Avenged Sevenfold another of my favourite bands, would love to see those two together.

scene

Deep Purple - all the way back to when I was 15 - my first album (on tape) was Machine Head

Black Sabbath - got to see part of the End tour at the O2 - absolutely fantastic :)

Led Zeppelin - put it this way, our doorbell plays "Whole lotta love..."

Rainbow - sort of inevitable given my views on dp and black sabbath - funnily enough I'm seeing them the day after G'n'R this year...

Pink Floyd - been a huge fan since my teens and have pretty much all of their stuff, including oddities like Masters of Rock

U2 - Just got into it in the mid '80s and still keep coming back to them - though not all of their stuff - still want to seem them live.

G'n'R - thanks to Mrs. Scene who got me into them big time - can't hear some of their stuff without thinking of her.
- Off to see G'n'R with Mrs. Scene later this year - first time for me - I'm there on the friday Gel - which day are you there?

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Creedence Clearwater is a legendary band

the band did some good albums 7 in a short space of time but all 7 albums are top quality and very good song writing with very good instrument playing .

The band mostly plays classic rock come blues with a hint of country and western style in some songs

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Some great bands already mentioned, but also some glaring ommissions imho. How about

Cream, Dire Straits, Scorpions, AC/DC, Wishbone Ash, Jethro Tull. All great bands. And some more that, for me, sit on the edge of 'legendary' are Groundhogs, Ten Years After and Uriah Heep.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Yep i agree with you

dire straits I have all of there albums great band

AC/DC brilliant band a mix of hard rock with a bit of blues again got all of there albums .

not really a fan of jefthro Tull he's more towards folk music with that flute

But started this so people can put what ever they think is legendary to them

jjbomber

8009514 said:
Some great bands already mentioned, but also some glaring ommissions imho. How about

Cream, Dire Straits, Scorpions, AC/DC, Wishbone Ash, Jethro Tull. All great bands. And some more that, for me, sit on the edge of 'legendary' are Groundhogs, Ten Years After and Uriah Heep.

Scorpions aren't British!!! AC/DC are sort of scottish, all the rest are definitely British. Does that now mean that we can have Hendrix?

D

Deleted member 2457

scene said:
Deep Purple - all the way back to when I was 15 - my first album (on tape) was Machine Head

Black Sabbath - got to see part of the End tour at the O2 - absolutely fantastic :)

Rainbow - sort of inevitable given my views on dp and black sabbath - funnily enough I'm seeing them the day after G'n'R this year...

Pink Floyd - been a huge fan since my teens and have pretty much all of their stuff, including oddities like Masters of Rock

U2 - Just got into it in the mid '80s and still keep coming back to them - though not all of their stuff - still want to seem them live.

G'n'R - thanks to Mrs. Scene who got me into them big time - can't hear some of their stuff without thinking of her. - Off to see G'n'R with Mrs. Scene later this year - first time for me - I'm there on the friday Gel - which day are you there?
Saturday mate. Am I right in thinking the doors open until 3, and that the GNR show will not start until about 7.30 and finish about 10.30? Any ideas on the warm up band? Cheers nice one.

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Don't see why you can't have Hendrix jjbomber. Had a look at the thread title and it doesn't specify British.

Forgot a few of my list - Iron Maiden, Thin Lizzy and Free.

Finding it difficult to come up with American rock bands, that I like, that had the same impact. Hendrix of course and some stuff by Jefferson Airplane and the Doors. After that I struggle!

Rick.

jjbomber

8009514 said:
Don't see why you can't have Hendrix jjbomber. Had a look at the thread title and it doesn't specify British.

Forgot a few of my list - Iron Maiden, Thin Lizzy and Free.

Finding it difficult to come up with American rock bands, that I like, that had the same impact. Hendrix of course and some stuff by Jefferson Airplane and the Doors. After that I struggle!

The Jimi Hendrix Experience are 2/3rds British anyway!

I was merely making the point that all the great rock bands are British. What a fantastic heritage we have there. The biggest band of all time are The Beatles. Amazing that our little island dominates music so much.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Very true

heavy metal started here in the U.K. And funny thing is people like ozzy Osborne , Black Sabbath there heroes were the Beatles that's what inspired Black Sabbath .

and did you know that Led Zeppelin never sold or made singles before a album release they made the fans wait until the album came out .

if you wanted to know what Led Zeppelin sounded like before the album came out you would have to go to one of there concerts .

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Asia, Yes, Boston are bands I have not seen but would have enjoyed. ZZ Top and ACDC are bands I have witnessed who are entertaining. Heart were a typical band who were advised/forced to change direction towards the pop scene which may of increased their sales at the time. Needlesly, they have gone back to their roots after changing label. Would Whitesnake have been succesful without Tawny Kitten? The good thing about british charts, Punk; Mods; Northern Soul; Pop; Heavy/Soft Metal; Jazz; Rock and Roll; Disco all were accepted.

scene

gel said:
scene said:

G'n'R - thanks to Mrs. Scene who got me into them big time - can't hear some of their stuff without thinking of her. - Off to see G'n'R with Mrs. Scene later this year - first time for me - I'm there on the friday Gel  - which day are you there?
Saturday mate.  Am I right in thinking the doors open until 3, and that the GNR show will not start until about 7.30 and finish about 10.30?  Any ideas on the warm up band?  Cheers nice one.  

Well saw GnR last night and they were awesome. They were scheduled to come in at 7:45 and they did, dead on - the old world of axl wandering on stage 2h late are gone!
Security has been upped and so has crowd control so allow a good 20min from Stratford to seat

I'm currently watching the crazy weekend of Arthur brown at the stone free festival at the O2 :)

matthewpiano

My list would include Pink Floyd, Genesis, Queen, Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, The Beatles, Fairport Convention, Steeleye Span, Crosby Stills Nash (& Young), Pentangle, Caravan, Van Der Graaf Generator, Supertramp, BJH, Moody Blues, Jethro Tull, Strawbs, America - all for different musical reasons. I've been lucky enough to see many of those live.

I disagree about the lack of good new music though. There's been some superb new records over recent years from the likes of Anathema, Gazpacho, Blackfield, Pineapple Thief, BNQT, Midlake, and Big Big Train. There's some interesting stuff on the way too, including a collaboration between Olivia Chaney and The Decemberists in a group called Offa Rex.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts