Leema Tucana 2 or Anniversary?

Param

May 10, 2023
Visit site
Hello,
I am an owner of the Tucana mk2. I am considering upgrading to the Anniversary version. What are the differences? The Tucana 2 is already a musical firecracker for me then what value does the Anniversary version add?

Last edited:
Hello,
I am an owner of a Tucan mk2. I am considering upgrading to the Anniversary version. What are the differences? The Tucan 2 is already a musical firecracker for me then what value does the Anniversary version add?
Welcome....

I owned the MK2 Tucana and regret selling it. How it compares to the Anniversary version, couldn't say. The retail price choked me off.

Can you not demo the Anniversary?

Hello,
I am an owner of the Tucana mk2. I am considering upgrading to the Anniversary version. What are the differences? The Tucana 2 is already a musical firecracker for me then what value does the Anniversary version add?
If you read any review of the Anniversary you will see there have been upgrades to circuit boards, capacitors, along with a new remote.
How this actually changes or improves sound quality only you can tell.
If considering spending this much money I would certainly suggest you go and audition one alongside your Mk2

Reactions: WayneKerr
If you read any review of the Anniversary you will see there have been upgrades to circuit boards, capacitors, along with a new remote.
How this actually changes or improves sound quality only you can tell.
If considering spending this much money I would certainly suggest you go and audition one alongside your Mk2
Yep, demo is the only way to know. From first hand experience Leema lap up the right speaker, Dalis are sensational with Leema.

Just saying....

Reactions: Al ears

Param

May 10, 2023
Visit site
Of course, you are right. It's clear that I need to listen and compare for myself. But I am curious to hear the opinions of those who, with the Tucan 2, have decided to switch to the Anniversary

it sounds as if there are two formations: the Tucana mk2 sound gourmets and the Anniversary :)
Nope, only one.
Those that rate the Tucana and .....
To be frank I doubt many could hear the difference between a Tucana, the Mk2 or the Anniversary in a blind test regardless of the internal changes.
The old cynic in me would same you will get more noticeable improvement by spending money on your sources or speakers otherwise you'll only get a newer model with a badge and funky remote, and possibly a longer warranty....
Oh! And your bank balance will shrink.... :cool:

Reactions: WayneKerr
Having owned the Tucana MK2 it is a great amp. Truly one of the best it's class. I'm sure the Anniversary is better but whether it's enough to justify the extra price hike is another question. Only the OPs ears will decide that.
I would certainly agree especially if the OP can get a home loan to place it in his own set-up and listening room.
For what it's worth I seriously considered a Tucana 2 myself before purchasing the amp I currently have.

I would certainly agree especially if the OP can get a home loan to place it in his own set-up and listening room.
For what it's worth I seriously considered a Tucana 2 myself before purchasing the amp I currently have.
It's one of those conundrums, do you stick or twist?

I twisted on mine - not hi-fi related - but sorely regretted it. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

Love my little Pulse, with those Dalis it really sings, what would the Tucana sound like with them? We can only speculate.

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I own a tucana mk2, wouldn’t change it for anything else. Go and Demo and see or hear. I don’t think you will notice much of a difference.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts