Leema Pulse v Brio R

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
damonster said:
plastic penguin said:
damonster said:
I was having the same trouble as you a couple of weeks back and posted on the forum and had lots of suggestions made and took the leap and went for the Leema pulse .had it 3 days now an upgrade from a Cyrus 6vs2.599 deal from sevenoakes.it has been the best descision I've made so far .it is an incredible amp and has got my acoustic energy aelite 3 speakers singing like my Cyrus couldn't .the detail in vocals has brought out new levels of emotion that I hadn't heard before.pianos, you can feel the keys being pressed and the hammers hitting.I could go on for ever.but I've got to :) get back to my newfound love of Ok computer .Radiohead.....just get one.

audiolab 8200 cd player source.

I heard my Leema with Audiolab 8200 and PMC and Totem speakers. As as consequence I've no idea about AE speakers tonal qualities.

plastic penguin how did the audiolab setup sound with the PMC speakers? Also how did it compare with your current system ? The aelite speakers are very neutral souding which matches the audiolab well.

Pretty darn good. I also tested the new Cyrus 6SE and Nait 5i, and out of the three, the Audiolab came out on top. TBH it was a fairly brief affair.

Likewise Totem Arro: Both speakers demonstrated better control, dynamics and detail, although I got the feeling the Totems + Audiolab could be a little boistrous in the wrong environment eg reflective room. To that end, the PMCs would be a safer combo - given the DB1s size, the punch and attack was fabulous, although, naturally, lacked a little extension compared to the floorstanders. One thing I do now know is the Leema really needs top-notch source and speakers.

Hope that helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts