Leema Pulse, Naim Nait 5i or Rotel RA-1520 ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My choice is now down to the Leema Pulse, the Naim Nait 5i and the Rotel RA-1520.

Anyone had the opportunity to compare these amps (or perhaps two of the three) to each other? Any try to describe their sound character compared to each other would be appreciated.

mullansson1:
My choice is now down to the Leema Pulse, the Naim Nait 5i and the Rotel RA-1520.

Anyone had the opportunity to compare these amps (or perhaps two of the three) to each other? Any try to describe their sound character compared to each other would be appreciated.

Hi mullansson

From these three amplifiers i'll suggest Naim's Nait 5i as the Nait 5i works very well with Dynaudio's Excite X12's.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

plastic penguin:When it comes to pure SQ, the Leema will better any sub-£1,000 integrated. More of the question is: how many outputs do you realistically need? and do you have a TT? what size is your room?

Which qualities does the Leema has that the others don't? From what I've read it can sound a bit lean which is not something I normally like. Inputs/outputs is not an issue as I would only use two inputs and no TT, no sub.

MUSICRAFT:

Hi mullansson

From these three amplifiers i'll suggest Naim's Nait 5i as the Nait 5i works very well with Dynaudio's Excite X12's.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

The Naim is the only one of the three that I've actually listened to and it feels like a safe bet although I'm still curious what the others may offer that the Naim doesn't and vice versa.

mullansson1:

plastic penguin:When it comes to pure SQ, the Leema will better any sub-£1,000 integrated. More of the question is: how many outputs do you realistically need? and do you have a TT? what size is your room?

Which qualities does the Leema has that the others don't? From what I've read it can sound a bit lean which is not something I normally like. Inputs/outputs is not an issue as I would only use two inputs and no TT, no sub.

MUSICRAFT:

Hi mullansson

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

The Naim is the only one of the three that I've actually listened to and it feels like a safe bet although I'm still curious what the others may offer that the Naim doesn't and vice versa.

Yes it can. However, that's about as negative as you can realistically get: in isolstion, however, any slight deficiency as regards as low-end bass is not detectable, and the slight leanness makes it the ideal candidate for Dyns.

The Pulse has detail, attack, timing and cohesion in spades; no-one could ever accuse the Leema of being anything other than enthusiastic. Without going into chapter and verse, if you take the good bits from a Cyrus 8 (detail, dynamics, rhythmic snap) and marry it with good aspects of Arcam (lovely organic, musical delivery) then you pretty much have the Leema Pulse.

A

Anonymous

The Naim is a fine amplifier and a good choice for Dynaudio, but do audition.

You might also consider Densen, which is a touch more foward, but personally, having had a Nait 5i on test over the weekend, I preferred the depth and the space of the Nait.

A

Anonymous

Couldn't resist the £749 offer of the Leema Pulse and ordered one a couple of days ago. Here in Sweden the only (?) retailer wants £1400 for it. I've not had any opportunity to listen to it so it will be interesting, to say the least, when it arrives...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts