Leema Elements phonostage ?

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I am a bit undecided :

I could get on some good deals , a Leema Elements (new, 30% discount full warranty ) or a Tom Evans Microgroove Plus preowned at good price ,not far from the Leema, with the option to send it back if I don't like it ,and postage free ! . But the Leema is MC/MM wich suits me ( I have MMs and a MC ) and the Microgroove is MC only...but tempting , I confess :? . Both in UK , me not there :)

So, what would you do ?

The Microgroove Plus is not MC only, however you would be stuck with either MM or MC if you got one that was not the later 'X' version as I have said on other posts here.

In terms of sound quality I would have said get the Tom Evans but to be fair, in your situation, I would suggest you have only one choice really and that is the Leema Elements phono stage.

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
In your opinion , how does compare the Leema vs Rothwell Rialto ?

Is it true that Leema is no more in bussiness? That could lead to problems with the warranty

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Teo said:
In your opinion , how does compare the Leema vs Rothwell Rialto ?

Is it true that Leema is no more in bussiness? That could lead to problems with the warranty

I believe that Leema are still in business. Why dont you email them?

Never heard a Leema phono amp, but I did have a Rothwell Rialto on home loan for a week to see how it compared with my Creek phonostage.

It is an excellent phono amp, you need have no worries on that score. However, I did not feel that it significantly improved on my Creek, and that an outlay of £379 was a sideways step at best. However, if I was in the market for a phono amp then the Rothwell would be on top of my list at that price range.

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,DIB , you don't have my ears ,but the speakers are same family and the amp probably better than mine or around ,so your opinion is interesting to me. I'll email Leema to see wich is the situation. Interesting your opinion about the Creek not being clearly outclassed by GS Reflex and Rothwell Rialto

I have also an option probably for a ANT Kora 3T SE but's also MC or MM only

I'll keep on digging :)

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
:beer:

Took the plunge today ! Leema Elements Phono (http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Leema-Elements/ ) , new in box , warranty ,return policy

295 GBP :cheer: ( original new price 495 ) + 30 GBP tracked fully insured shipping

Hope it's going to fully beat the 640P ! :)

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Good price, shame there are no loading options, which is a given at the RRP

I am still yet to demo some phono stages, but need to get MC cart/phono combo right.

Initial thoughts is a Benz or Lyra MC with valve phono - but were talking mega bucks.

I still havent written off a SS stage especailly as Trichord are about to release the Dino MK3

stevebrock said:

I am still yet to demo some phono stages, but need to get MC cart/phono combo right.

Initial thoughts is a Benz or Lyra MC with valve phono - but were talking mega bucks.

I still havent written off a SS stage especailly as Trichord are about to release the Dino MK3

Saving a bob or two might I suggest you look towards where I am aiming, hope I am not being too forward. I suggest , as I have been saving for a Benz Micro Wood SL or indeed a Lyra Delos and, as I already have a lot of his kit ('cos he is a genius) a Tom Evans Phono Stage of some sort.

nima

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
stevebrock said:

Keep your eyes on Lukaschek phono preamp. Benz carts obviously work great with Benz-Micro Lukaschek T9 PP-1. I've heard the combo in hi-fi show. Both Benz carts and Lukaschek are almost bargain priced by the distributor in our country, but I'm not in MC camp yet, nor will I be very soon.

TRENDING THREADS