least number of boxes

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I need to replace my system with the least number of boxes and the smallest speakers possible. (Wife's orders!)

My local retailer has suggested either Quad Lites or the even smaller Monitor Audio R90's. Both sound good to me ( I am not into massive bass and only need a stereo system not 5.1)

To provide CD, DAB/FM radio and iPod connections it seemed a no brainer to go for the Onkyo CS515 but as I suspect I shall be signing up for Freesat HD service as soon as it is available and replacing my DVD/HDD recorder with just a HDD recorder I shall need a DVD player occasionally We are not into all action movies so do not need surround sound but would like a unit with DVD playback.

So it would seem to be the TEAC DR H300 Onyko DR 815

Any opinions?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="fastcook"]

I need to replace my system with the least number of boxes and the smallest
speakers possible. (Wife's orders!)
[/quote]

Stand your ground mate! I did and I have scars to proved it :-(

A

Anonymous

Let me think, least number of boxes and smallest speakers possible?

I make that 14 boxes and a pair of old wharfedale 504s... (CD-transport, DAC, Pre, 4xmono-block-power, record deck, 4xoutboard psu, 2xmono-block phono stage)

Gyp

Dec 17, 2007
Visit site
14 boxes also and the speakers are too heavy for the missus to lift.

If it helps though I listened to the Teac with the BR2s a few weeks ago and was very impressed.

The Teac's £250 from Empire Direct, and the speakers are £180 from Amazon with 10m of QED anniversary cable.

£430 all in's a bit of a bargain IMO

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts