Leak 70 Amplifier speaker sockets

Hello!

Just a really quick question please. I have just purchased a Leak 70, but as you probably know it uses an older speaker plug system. However, I will just make my own plugs up. My question though is which hole is positive and which ground? I know it doesn't matter as long as both speakers are wired the same... but I have OCD.

I THINK the larger 4mm holes marked with what look like a fork are ground? And the smaller 3mm holes are positive. Is that correct? Thank you so much in advance!

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
The amp is practically medievel, if I recall correctly it had two pin plugs with the spaced pins of different diameter but I really can not remember the polarity.

It really should be pretty obvious to a trained eye but if not, it really does no matter so long as both are wired the same. If you really are that obsessive, have an engineer take a look.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Excellent spot Bill.

I would have guessed that the larger diameter pin was the positive, but it is the other way round...*unknw*

Having dabbled with vintage kit that used the same connectors, I really should have known this, but in my defence it is a long, long time ago.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts