LE37M87/86 or LE37R87/88

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,I need some help... I went in to John Lewis on Sunday to see the latest score of the men’s tennis final. The Samsung LE37R87 really stood out. When I got home I checked out Samsungs website and found myself confused by the difference between the LE37M87 and LE37M86. Does anyone know the difference?Also, the picture of the tennis looked really good from about 4 feet away. As I would be viewing the TV from about 6-8 feet away, does it really matter how far you sit? Or did someone at John Lewis know how to get the best out of the TV?
My final questions is if I am sitting closer then the recommended distance, is it actual better to go from the higher resolution?

I hope to get some help.

Thank you and best regards

A

Anonymous

Hello.

From what I've read up on and have been informed the 'M' version is a higher spec' than the 'R' version, the 'M' being Full-HD 1080p while the 'R' is HD-Ready 768p.

With the '87 and '86 versions, If you read the Samsung website, the Downloadable manuals only state them as the 'M8' versions as if to suggest that there is no differance, apart from the fact they are being sold in different shops, the '86' being sold by Dixons and Currys and the rest have the '87' version, strange I know!!

Regards viewing distance, I'm afraid I don't have a scooby! Will be reading to see what they tell you though.

Hope that helped. MAK

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi there

I suspect John Lewis was showing a BBC HD feed of Wimbledon tennis - which looked gobsmackingly good on just about anything you watched it on!

Re viewing distances - again, it depends on what you're watching. Ironically, some higher-resolution sets can look worse than 'just' HD Ready ones with standard TV, as even good in-set scalers can struggle to fill all those pixels from a dodgy feed (ITV is a particular offender here, especially on its extra digital channels).

If you're planning to go Sky HD or buy a Blu-ray HD-DVD player, go Full HD, but at this size of set you're really not going to see that much improvement over an excellent HD Ready TV - however close/far away you sit!

A

Anonymous

hello. i know that the M87 has hdmi v1.3 inputs which allow deep colour and dolby true hd. the ps3 has this output. it allows over 10 gb per second over 4.2ish from hdmi1.2 which is on older R series. personally i am waiting for a telly similar to m87 but one which handles movement better.

A

Anonymous

Bought an LE37M87 last weekend from John Lewis and I'm pretty happy with it. I mainly play games and watch movies via my PS3 - very happy with it so far. As for movement, I've found so far it depends on the feed. Had no movement issues at all on movies and games (Call of Duty 3, Motorstorm etc) from the PS3, while some channels coming via standard Sky are fine and some are not.

Even on a channel it depends on the programme. On 5US was watching the first programme of the new series Dirt - the programme itself was pretty bad, but was fine as soon as it went to the adverts. Was watching Rome las night through standard Sky on BBC2 and it was looking great!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts