LCD VS PLASMA QUERY

chrisku

Jan 5, 2008
Visit site
I own a panasonic plasma whilst my parents own a sumsung lcd tv.

I have noticed whilst watching blu ray movies on my parents LCD that the picture some times doesnt look real, whilst the picture and colour itself looks fantastic - I some times find the motion a bit un real and some times hurts my eyes.

However, I have not noticed this problem on my plasma tv.

Has anyone else ever had this problem ? I have tried playing around eith the settings on my parents tv and not been successful.

Has anyone else noticed the difference in picture / motion between LCD and plasma ?

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
LCDs definitely have more 'lag' than plasmas. Samsungs in particular have had some awful 'lag' with some of their recent tvs (Something WHF tend to completely skip past when they review them)

Personally I listen to my blurays (Well, everything) through an av system so I can set a delay to match the lip sync. If the tv or the bluray player dont have such settings then the only possible thing you might do that I can think of (At expense to picture quality/movement) is to select GAME mode or similar (Which lowers the 'lag' to aid playing games)

A

Anonymous

Wow I am lucky then as I have the Samsung LE40B620R, the picture is fantastic and ive also just setup the Sony HTPBD36SSE1FIYG it's like being in a cinema words cant express how happy I am with my Samsung no Lagg here :)

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I think my mind must have drifted when I posted my 1st reply
emotion-16.gif

To the op ~ switch off EVERYTHING you can (Motion processing, DNR, contrast enhance and everything else with a silly name)

Then calibrate brightness and contrast and take from there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts