latest sub offer

TALON1973

May 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi, just took out the latest sub offer from Junes mag with free Senn hd 202 headphones .........which you claim have a rrp of £36.99

but your own review at the back of the mag with a test date of 02/11 has them at £26

the headphones won't be for me ..... niece wil get them with an ipod touch 2nd gen that was on offer on teh bay as an xmas present....... but just wondered on the discepancy ??

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Indeed: the £26 price at which we list them in the magazine is the price at which the headphones were commonly available at the time of the review; the higher price is the suggested retail price supplied by the manufacturer of the headphones.

TALON1973

May 26, 2008
Visit site
well you are sort of making it sound better than what it is :) i don't know anyone that sells someothing at what the manufacturer say. i can understand if the review price was after the offer , but when your quoting a price in the mag offer it should reflect the lower price ....imo anyway :) i'm sure my niece wil enjoy it with the ipod touch i got her for xmas either way :)

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
TALON1973 said:
well you are sort of making it sound better than what it is :)

Nonsense! Everyone knows prices vary hugely and it's really easy to find the price of anything on the web. RRP is simply a common metric used for comparison etc. Amazon always quote their savings with relation to RRP. Everyone knows the RRP is not really realistic in most cases but there's no other 'static' price to compare to.

I wouldn't expect an professional organisation like WHF to put something like "Worth about £38...". In additional, if it's been given away then there's a clearly a job lot that's been picked up by someone at WHF for way less, but you'd not expect them to state what they paid.

I think some of the sub offers have been fantastic. I got an 80 quid Chord HDMI cable a few years ago and a £40 Chord Crimson interconnect recently. If WHF picked a load up at £5 per cable then well done them!

Anyway, as you write, I'm sure your neice will enjoy 'em !!
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts