Laptop vs Media Player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was stunned with the excellent review of Lacie Lacinema Classic HD in WhatHiFi, and I am considering bying one for myself.
It appears that it can completely replace my laptop as a media source, sounds good with stereo music and according to the review can also act as a NAS device (it is DLNA compliant).
Are there any downsides going this route (Media Player (to DAC) to A/V Receiver versus PC (to DAC) to A/V Receiver)?
I guess the PC can be turned off, but the TV must be turned on;
Also, do these Media Players have bit-perfect output? I am currently using Media Jukebox 12 with asio as a player on my laptop.
Any thoughts?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Gok:I was stunned with the excellent review of Lacie Lacinema Classic HD in WhatHiFi, and I am considering bying one for myself.
It appears that it can completely replace my laptop as a media source, sounds good with stereo music and according to the review can also act as a NAS device (it is DLNA compliant).
Are there any downsides going this route (Media Player (to DAC) to A/V Receiver versus PC (to DAC) to A/V Receiver)?
I guess the PC can be turned off, but the TV must be turned on;
Also, do these Media Players have bit-perfect output? I am currently using Media Jukebox 12 with asio as a player on my laptop.
Any thoughts?

I don't know about this player but I use the HDX BD1 which has it's foibles (inexperience company from China) and is updating it's firmware regularly. However, I've found my machine works perfectly. It offers bit perfect playback and plays virtually every format for video and audio including HD audio codecs. Issues that are being dealt with and are supposed to be sorted in the next firmware next week are: no artwork or skins - YAMJ will be added next week. Networking issues - again sorted next week. Unable to disable the volume from the unit. Not sure if this will be fixed next week but will be soon. This is the main annoyance for me - my music doesn't sound as good as it should. Plus points way outweigh the negatives. It is very fast in response to the remote control (almost instantaneous). It plays everything. It's silent - I have an external drive connected to it. It looks good. The remote works well. It's upgradeable. I connect to my receiver via hdmi for 1080p and HD audio and to my DacMagic via coaxial. One input on the receiver for video and another to show me what music I'm putting on with the sound coming through the coaxial.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts