Lady Gaga - The Fame - Surprisingly good album

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Bought "Born This Way" a week ago and I had to play this again to remind me why I liked it so much in the first place. I still love it, but pretty disappointed with the follow-up personally so far.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Though the liking of the music is to individual tase (and I like some of the tracks), the recording of the CD is so challenging for my system to resolve and on the other hand Adele 21 recording is so perfect (purely from the quality the way the CDs are recorded)

manicm

The_Lhc said:
Alex_UK:I like it far too much for a 40 year old bloke... ! If you like this, also try Little Boots, with Hands - she's definitely the "British Lady Ga Ga" and even shares writers on one track.

Oooh, come on, that's massively insulting to Little Boots! At least she sings, my biggest problem with Lady Gaga is she does that rubbish rapping very similar to Gwen Stefani, there's no tune, you can't sing or even hum along to the "tunes" because there aren't any.

Lady Ga Ga just isn't catchy enough for electropop.
Since you mention electropop, Goldfrapp was criminally overlooked by the general public. Perhaps she was too old, or didn't have the marketing smarts of Lady Gaga. Felt Mountain's a classic, and their subsequent albums were refreshingly different from each other.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
manicm said:
The_Lhc said:
Alex_UK:I like it far too much for a 40 year old bloke... ! If you like this, also try Little Boots, with Hands - she's definitely the "British Lady Ga Ga" and even shares writers on one track.
Oooh, come on, that's massively insulting to Little Boots! At least she sings, my biggest problem with Lady Gaga is she does that rubbish rapping very similar to Gwen Stefani, there's no tune, you can't sing or even hum along to the "tunes" because there aren't any.

Lady Ga Ga just isn't catchy enough for electropop.

Since you mention electropop, Goldfrapp was criminally overlooked by the general public. Perhaps she was too old, or didn't have the marketing smarts of Lady Gaga. Felt Mountain's a classic, and their subsequent albums were refreshingly different from each other.

Yeah you're right, although I'm not convinced Goldfrapp were really pushed to the same levels, marketing wise.

Going back to a previous comment regarding GaGa which I missed originally, it's the very fact that she can sing live and is a very talented musician that makes the recorded material so disappointing, you just don't get any sense of her talent at all. I mean, Judas, really, is that honestly a great pop record? It's a lumpen mess to my ears. Good performer, zero tunes, apart from the Madonna rip-off.

TRENDING THREADS