Lack of subscribed to Awards Edition

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone received there copy of the Awards Edition today

Fist and last time I'll subscribe

Did receive a letter today from What Hi Fi though , a renewal notice quote "you have just received your last issue of What Hi Fi"

Well at least they got that right.

Please don't blame the post office as the envelope had a City Link logo , pity they weren't so keen on delivering the Mag

Any chance of cancelling and having my money back?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
As Clare mentioned earlier regarding our subs gifts, some services are using CityLink for long-distance distribution, with the Royal Mail doing the final local stage.

A

Anonymous

Andrew,

Brilliant mag. brilliant website. I'm a first time subscriber since april this year. Signed up at the Bristol show having took the trip from Dublin. Prior to subscribing I bought the mag regularly.

I'd ask you please to get the postage issue sorted. On three occassions I did not recieve my mag. However after e-mailing I did get it. I have never once got the mag. prior to newsagent issue. I do accept being in Ireland the post could be a little late.

All that said keep up the terrific work you all do but it's in the interest of the magazine that the postage issues and people receiving their subscription is sorted.

Finally, I did enquire if you could include Irish readers in your compitition's. I'd be happy to pay shipping on anything won!!!

Cheers

GW93

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
I've not got mine either, this would have been my first. Not got my gift hdmi yet either and I subscribed 30 days ago.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
bluecafe1

Not my area, I'm afraid, but I'll pass on your comments to the relevant people when they're all back from the Manchester Show next week.

Apologies for the delays you've been experiencing.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'm told the issues only went into the postal system yesterday. so the earliest anyone could get a copy is today; given postal disruption Monday seems more likely.

That's still ahead of the sale of issues in the shops.

And no, we couldn't put them in the post any earlier: issues were still being bound yesterday, and subs copies were given print priority.

A

Anonymous

The Awards Edition was selling at £3.50 today at the show and flying off the shelves - love the fact that the award winners were all there, all be it on display only.

A

Anonymous

Heh I also received the letter delivered by Royal Mail but no magazine... so much for the strategy of using a courier to avoid postal delays....still, it's not as if I can make any decision to purchase an Oppo if I am reassured by whatever review it receives so I guess I'm no worse off, just a mug for assuming that by subscribing I would get a copy earlier than buying one in Tescos tomorrow hehe.

A

Anonymous

You're a star Andrew! Hope the show is going well and thank you for your continued patience and perserverance dealing with our impatient and persistent pestering... a burden well bourne. At least the lack of reading material means I have no excuse not to go practice the piano some more :)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
YVW, but I'm about the only person not at the show. Got in from Hong Kong at 6am after two weeks blogging and meetings at CEATEC Japan and HK Electronics Fair, and am now
a) severely jetlagged
b) nursing a sore throat and sniffles
c) trying to coax recalcitrant central heating system into life
d) forum-wrangling

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:

I'm told the issues only went into the postal system yesterday. so the earliest anyone could get a copy is today; given postal disruption Monday seems more likely.

That's still ahead of the sale of issues in the shops.

And no, we couldn't put them in the post any earlier: issues were still being bound yesterday, and subs copies were given print priority.

That being the case why did I receive a subscription renewal letter , by courier ,Quote"You have just received your last issue of WHF"

to clarify I have only subscribed to the Award issue

Talk about Ambulance chasers

If I had not received the letter you would not have heard from me

EDITED BY MODS - please do not discuss moderation

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I can only assume - given that we don't post the magazines out ourselves, but have a subscriptions department responsible for such matters - that the letter you received was generated automatically by the 'end' of your 'subscription'.

Even though as you point out you only ordered one issue, this was processed through the susbcription system.

It's not ambulance-chasing - that would be a fair accusation if you received a letter from a third party - but all I can do is apologise for any confusion or annoyance caused.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts