Kube 8b vs rel T/5i vs Svs sb 1000

leob7888

May 4, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone.
I'm planning to buy a compact subwoofer for my monitor Audio sikver 200 speakers specially for music (2.1 system)
I've read a lot about rel subs and they seem to be awesome, but also there are great reviews about the svs sb1000 and the Kef kube 8b.
Are the 120w rms Rel sub enough for a 400 sqft room? The other two have 300 rms!
Any recommendations?

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
400 sqft is quite a large room. I have a 180 sqft room with a 400w sub.
If you are in the UK take a look at BK Subs which are very good value for money (they used to make subs for REL and others).
For music only, the biggest challenge is to successfully integrate the sub with your speakers (and room). Do you plan to do this by ear or do you have software to help with this?

jjbomber

Hi everyone.
I'm planning to buy a compact subwoofer for my monitor Audio sikver 200 speakers specially for music (2.1 system)
I've read a lot about rel subs and they seem to be awesome, but also there are great reviews about the svs sb1000 and the Kef kube 8b.
Are the 120w rms Rel sub enough for a 400 sqft room? The other two have 300 rms!
Any recommendations?

Generally it's REL for music and SVS for home cinema. Yes, 120w will be powerful enough.

What's the amp?

Reactions: Al ears

leob7888

May 4, 2020
Visit site
400 sqft is quite a large room. I have a 180 sqft room with a 400w sub.
If you are in the UK take a look at BK Subs which are very good value for money (they used to make subs for REL and others).
For music only, the biggest challenge is to successfully integrate the sub with your speakers (and room). Do you plan to do this by ear or do you have software to help with this?

Hi!! Thanks for your reply!
My receiver has the audyssey mic, multieqXT software, would this help?
I'm not in UK I'm in USA.
Another option is the monitor Audio w10 sub, but maybe the others I mentioned are better subs, aren't they?

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi!! Thanks for your reply!
My receiver has the audyssey mic, multieqXT software, would this help?
I'm not in UK I'm in USA.
Another option is the monitor Audio w10 sub, but maybe the others I mentioned are better subs, aren't they?
If you are using a cinema (AVR) receiver, then yes that will help you integrate the sub.
I have Monitor Audio Bronze speakers as part of my cinema set up, the W10 at the time (back in 2012) was smaller, less powerful and more expensive that some of the BK options (I got the XXLS400).
Just like BB has said above, I got the biggest I could afford at the time.

D

Deleted member 116933

My best advice is to stay away from speaker brand subwoofers like kef and others, though there are expcetions paradigm for example.

You get far more for your money going for brands such as Rel, SVS, velodyn and so on.
For your size room and if you want to feel it you may have to up your budget and size and or power and small powerful subwoofer tend to cost a lot.

Velodyne sol 800 is a very good and pretty unflappable and very musical as well

Paradigm Seismic 110 is also another very good subwoofer with an amazing room correct system on board

Rel for music would be my choice but you may need to go up the range.

But in the USA they're loads of options for subwoofers more so than here in the Uk

Rythmik spring to mind as an affordable brand

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts