Klipsch X10i with iPod touch vs Classic

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have these on order as an upgrade from Sennheiser CX-400 II.

The remote feature I hope works well and the mic with voice recording apps.

Most of my tunes are ripped to 320kbps AAC. Will this be suitable? May just have to re-rip some extra favourites to a lossless format to get the best out of them.

Whilst on the lossless topic, which would be best ? WAV / Apple lossless ?

And as I have an iPod Classic 160GB also. Which device would sound better in lossless format (capacity aside), the classic or the touch?

Hope I won't be underwhelmed as this is my first foray into high-end earphones.

I listen to a wide range of music from Rock/Classical/Techno/Gospel.

manicm

Are you generally happy with your Classic's sound? If so keep it.

I have the Touch and had the prior Classic 120, and while the Touch sounds generally better it lacks *punch* - and stay away from the presets - they all add a distinct electronic sheen to the music.

A

Anonymous

Think i'll clear my iPod Classic of AAC 320kbps tunes and use Apple Lossless.

I'm sure there's quite a few albums in my collection that I could "omit"
emotion-55.gif

Hope to then hear the best The X10i's have to offer.

A

Anonymous

Well they arrived yesterday. Next day delivery.....WOW. Listening on iPod touch.....WOW.

Maximum bit rate atm is 320kbps AAC, but still.....WOW. Thanks What HiFi for recommending these in the best buy section.

The bass isn't as dominating as my other IEM's but they are soooooooo comfortable and everything sounds amazing. From bass to top end it's all precise and clear and just, well,.....WOW.

Oddly, when I listened to the same track for comparison on the iPod Classic, there was much less presence.

Worth every penny and can't wait to try some lossless music if I can get iTunes to aknowledge the DVD drive
emotion-12.gif

One confusing downside I found with them so far is that when plugged into a standard stereo they are hissy/harshly trebly and sound awful. Lucky they're ok with iPod.

Could this be caused by the headphone socket adapter?

Or something to do with their sensitivity?

I'd appreciate any info as to why they don't perform on other equipment. They are targeted towards iPod owners but I assumed the'd be just as good plugged into any music source?

Thanks.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
I am looking for same or similar headphones. Did you have a chance to compare the 10i's with any other similar 'phones?

you will like what you will hear using lossless, btw. the difference with 320kps will not be night and day but you will notice and like it, I am sure.

manicm

Luke Kenobi:

Well they arrived yesterday. Next day delivery.....WOW. Listening on iPod touch.....WOW.

Maximum bit rate atm is 320kbps AAC, but still.....WOW. Thanks What HiFi for recommending these in the best buy section.

The bass isn't as dominating as my other IEM's but they are soooooooo comfortable and everything sounds amazing. From bass to top end it's all precise and clear and just, well,.....WOW.

Oddly, when I listened to the same track for comparison on the iPod Classic, there was much less presence.

Worth every penny and can't wait to try some lossless music if I can get iTunes to aknowledge the DVD drive
emotion-12.gif

One confusing downside I found with them so far is that when plugged into a standard stereo they are hissy/harshly trebly and sound awful. Lucky they're ok with iPod.

Could this be caused by the headphone socket adapter?

Or something to do with their sensitivity?

I'd appreciate any info as to why they don't perform on other equipment. They are targeted towards iPod owners but I assumed the'd be just as good plugged into any music source?

Thanks.

And there you go - as an ex-owner of a Classic 120 I've always said from this model onwards the Classic is a dud with a capital D.

A

Anonymous

AlmaataKZ:
I am looking for same or similar headphones. Did you have a chance to compare the 10i's with any other similar 'phones?

you will like what you will hear using lossless, btw. the difference with 320kps will not be night and day but you will notice and like it, I am sure.

Am l really looking forward to hearing some lossless. If I can get iTunes to see my DVD drive
emotion-10.gif

I didn't get to compare with any other in-ear phones at this price range.

I considered some shures at a similar price but the iPod remote and lightweight comfortability got my favour.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts